Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

Tonight Lane and I made a Valentines Eve dinner for Casey. I am done with fighting the crowds at restaurants. And why didn't I make it on the actually day you ask? Left overs! Why would I want to cook on Valentines Day... that was a little gift to myself :) Lane eating his valentines candy while watching me cook
On the menu we have: pink mashed potatoes and gravy, roast beast, green beans, heart shaped rolls, creamy strawberry jello and for dessert lemon berry cake with whipped cream!


On Monday night the Goodman clan got together for FHE and had a little cookie decorating party. Goodmans = good times!


I have always loved this holiday but I love it even more now because Casey and I got engaged 4 years ago on this day. I have the best sweetheart ever! I hope everyone gets lots of hugs and kisses from their someone special!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it! I am so not ambitious like that anymore. Seriously! It all looks way cute - I want some! We had lean cuisine - It was mutual night.

S and B H. said...

You are sooooo creative. I love the food! I will have to remember that for next year!!

SunGood said...

Yea new post!! What a great idea! We went out to dinner last night, cause we didn't want to brave the crowds either! That food looks so GOOD!! You are always so creative! can you pass some of that along to me??! :) Happy VDAY!

Leah Martineau said...

Shelley thanks again for watching Ryker!!! I don't know what I would do without you!!

Ok you are to stinkin cute, I can't believe you made such a cute Valentines dinner. You need to share your ideas earlier so the rest of us can copy.

Tonight we are ordering Pei Wei and calling it good. =)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

are you kidding me? if i would have known you had all of that good food there when i talked to you last night...I WOULD HAVE COME OVER!! heehee. you are such a nice wife.
we will see you tomorrow!!!

Breanna and Martin said...

Shelley. What. Why. Seriously?

I am in love with you and this dinner you made. My husband better love holidays because I am so going to make meals like this.
You have my heart.com!!!!!!!
Love ya tons

Amber Howard said...

I love your dinner... that is soo cute! I bet your hubby loved it!

Hiatt Family said...

That was a great idea to cook the night before Valentine's Day. I'll have to try that. I think I tell you that Lane is cute every time I comment but he really looks like a little model! And I really do still want to get together with you & Stephanie & your mom!

S and B H. said...

No, Bryant is not off tomorrow--I wish! You are right about getting to know each other through this blog stuff...who would have ever thought?!?! I guess we blog (especially tags) that we wouldn't normally just talk about at fmaily functions!! Okay, we really need to get together more. I want Randon and Lane to play more often too. If you EVER need a sitter for him, please let me know. I would love to watch him. OH, and you better do that tag because Brandis and I both tag you now!!!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Sure- pick me up around 8:45...what do you think?? IT'S NOT YOUR TURN TO DRIVE THOUGH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!! either way- let's leave right around there. tara might want to drive with us so i'll let you know.

Claydens said...

hey Shelley- It's Mandi- I used to work with you at Tantrum a long time ago! I ran across your blog some weird way and your little family is to cute! Just wanted to say hi!

Mary Anne said...

what a fun dinner! poor dusty...he really did get the shaft. he totally doesn't even care either! that makes me feel worse...but now that i've seen how a REAL wife does the day of love, maybe I'll do better next year!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

if you seriously put that picture of me doing a handstand-i will cut off your you know what. you BETTER NOT!!!!! however, i am excited for the movie post! GET ON IT GIRL!!! i had too much fun chatting till 1am with you and tara. ohhhh we could have talked until 5am!!!