Monday, June 16, 2008

Celebrate Good Times!

We celebrated a lot of fun things this past weekend. We enjoyed spending time with all of our families yesterday for Fathers Day. Lane and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives.


We LOVE these guys because:


... Casey is the best husband and father ever! He let's us control the remote, does all the projects around the house with out being asked, gives the best back tickles, he eats my concoctions I call dinner and devotes all his free time to us, I could go on and on!!
...my dad makes the best breakfast burritos with homemade green salsa (well everything he makes is amazing), he is the best handyman and can fix anything, will drop everything to go help anybody out, has the best laugh ever, hahaha!

...Casey's dad makes a killer Sunday lunch and homemade ice cream, can grow anything in his garden, loves his grandchildren like no other, and serves others unconditionally.

We also celebrated my Grandma Ann's birthday on Friday night with all the Udall girls. We partied at Mi Amigos for dinner then played games and ate dessert at my grandmas house afterwards. It is so fun getting all of us girls together and having some good laughs.


Casey and I are grateful for these grandparents because they let us live in there house while they were on there mission basically for free. As newlyweds that is a huge blessing. Even when they came back they let us live in the little apartment attatched to there house for another year. We love them so much. Happy birthday Grandma!

20 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I had a thought...why don't we set your sister up with my brother AShton?? Is she dating anyone? You look so cute in that group picture sitting on the floor- you're all blinged out and so cute.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

By the way, YES I will send you over the recipe asap- call me when you REALLY are getting a sweet tooth if I have failed to get it to you before then! That baby pic of Lane is so cute! HIS FIRST YEAR JUST FLEW BY MAN!!

Kristen said...

Such a fun, beautiful family! Gotta love all of those girls :)
Sweet fathers day post!

Kristen said...

Oh! And can't wait for swimming tomorrow :)

Steph (and Bryant) said...

What a sweet post. You have awesome men in your life. Fun celebration idea with just girls--love it!! See you tomorrow!!!

SunGood said...

Cute post Shelley! How fun to get all the girls together! I will hopefully see you all today swimming!!

Amber Howard said...

Looks like you are surrounded by great men. And you have the cutest girls in your family. I'd say you are one lucky girl. :D

Leah Martineau said...

Yes we had a blast!! So I like your idea of doing it for my birthday since I'm the favorite. ha that makes me laugh. My mom I were talking about it and actually she thinks Dallyn is the favorite. I'm just the bossy cousin!!

Kirsten said...

Wow...that looks like a fun girls get together! Sweet tribute to the dads!

marcie said...

I lOVE that picture of dad and Lane! he's totally in his element haha too bad we can't make that girls night happen more often i love those girls and we don't see that side of the family very much anymore!

Breanna and Martin said...

the sweetest thing! I think I like Father's Day a lot. Fathers are just simply amazing!
Thanks for letting us swim yesterday, lets do it again!!!!

gena said...

So sweet! I think living by grandparents as newly weds is great! We did it for our first year and it was the best!

Leah Martineau said...

Yes I got your text!! =) Let me know how much it is!! Also are talking about how I can't go to my Timmy concert, don't tell me you are going!!!!!!

Leah Martineau said...

you are so funny!! I totally forgot he passed away. Yeah I never watched him I watch Bill OReilly, Sean Hannity and Glen Beck!! =)

I figured Marcie is going to, Sarah and Marc hang out all the time now!! I think it is great, such cute girls. I remember the good old days when we were attached at the hip. Some fun memories. Remember our bike rides!! I could go on and on!!

marcie said...

you can't steal my song thats like against blogging rules! now i have to change mine....

Stephanie Evans said...

Hey, thanks for your comment sis! You always know just the right thing to say to make my day!! :)))

Mary Anne said...

okay so I know this is so lame, but I was just thinking that the one that went to Debbie could just be for ALL of you Goodman girls. I mean it's all the way in Sierra Vista, so I didn't know what to do...I wasn't expecting anyone to be able to come anyway. I really didn't mean to leave anyone out!That invite was for all you girls! You know I love you guys!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

I actually haven't been home. I have been in Queen Creek staying at my sister's.. Ever since I had Ryder I can't sleep at home alone. I just DON'T sleep. It stinks.

Leah Martineau said...

update your blog =)

marcie said...

NEW POST!