Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Little Fishy

Lane has been taking swimming lessons this summer for the first time. He started at the end of May and has 2 more weeks until it is over. He loves his teacher Carolyn who actually taught me swimming lessons when I was little. We feel so lucky that she enjoyed it enough to have kept teaching for 20 more years so that Lane had the chance to take from her too. The first 2 weeks were a little rocky for him but he has grown to LOVE swimming lessons. Everytime I turn onto her street in the car he knows where I am going and starts doing his big arms and kicks like he is swimming. Here are some cute pictures of him through out some of his lessons. We had a bonus when one mom brought her digital underwater camera and was nice enough to take some of the kids.






getting the rings is one of Lanes favorite and is sure to remind Carolyn not to forget them every lesson
his other favorite part is the piece of licorice they get at the end. He savors every little bit. Life is so exciting when your little.

14 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Heck- getting licorish at the end of class is my favorite memory of swim lessons when I was little! NOT KIDDING! Why is he the cutest little boy in America? My favorite picture is him underwater standing up with all of the rings around him. I love how intense he is- he is one determined little kid I LOOOVE IT! He needs a baby brother...:)

Stephanie Evans said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!! Words don't describe it. I clicked on every picture to see it bigger and loved the underwater ones. Please tell me you are showing him my pic every once in a while and reminding him he has an Aunt Stephanie so when we come home for Christmas he doesn't run away from me. Oh wait, he did that before anyway. Well, just don't let him forget me!!! I will prob. break down and pay ridiculous amounts of money for a flight home if I see any more cute pics of that kid.

Kirsten said...

Those underwater pics are amazing! He sure is a cutie!

Val said...

I say me and Lane be best friends. Sound good??! I just love him so much and cant get enough of him!!

Adam and Jess said...

Yeah, he does look like quite the fish. I can't believe he does so well under water and everything. Gage will play but not swim in the water, we've got to work on that.

Kristen said...

It must be a universal rule that kids get licorice at the end of swim lessons! I love those underwater pics - score on those! I was sad I only got to do 2 session this summer. I love swimming. Glad Lane loved it!

Brandis said...

Licorice. Dang, that must have been my mistake. Maybe if I had given Ashtyn & Cole licorice at the beginning of the summer, it wouldn't have taken them so long to not be afraid of the water. ;) Yay for Lane! The underwater pictures are SO COOL!

Leah Martineau said...

Ok I want an underwater camera!! That is so cool. Laners is so cute. It was good to finally see you guys tonight. When can you play?? Thanks for the bobby pins again you are the best!!!!

ps you are stinkin tan, you look like another race =)

Mary Anne said...

cool underwater pictures! I love the one where he's getting rings...it looks like he's just hanging out down there taking his time! He is stinking adorable.

hairprincess said...

Omg he is so cute what a good kid! Did you totally freak out the first time he went under? I am scared to let Meg go under the water, I should try out lessons I will have to get her number when we do, esp if there is licorice at the end! haha that is so cool I love the underwater pics!:)

SunGood said...

How cute is that! He'll be swimming in no time for sure!! Those underwater pics are priceless!!

marcie said...

wow those underwater pictures are amazing! they're so clear! i can't believe she's still teaching.. her skins gonna shrivle up and fall off one of these years from bein out in the sun so much but she's still the best swim teacher out there!

Tannis said...

How cute!! Those underwater pictures are awesome!

Leah Martineau said...

LOL I totally agree Shelley, that picture is not my favorite but he picked it and put in in the front =) So did you find out if Casey can go on Monday?? I still don't have a sitter for Amelia. Ok talk to you soon. =) Leah