Our little Lane can sure make us laugh sometimes. I LOVE when he is
in a quirky mood and says FUNNY things! This week he has
given me the giggles one too many times!
*
We have been starting to get things ready for his new big boy room.
I was painting a shelf and should have known not to start a painting project until he went
to bed but was ancy to get it done. Lane of course wanted to "help" so I taped off a corner of the table and let him have at it on his own project. I got out some old paint for him and when he saw them he looked confused and said "ketchup, mustard?" Only it was said in his lispy "lane"guage voice which only made it cuter!
When I take Lane a bath I usually just throw him in and give him a quick wash down without filling the whole tub up. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I will let him play for a bit while I pick up toys or check e-mails. I know, I am a bad mom. Please don't report me but I am always checking on him or yell for him to respond back so I know he's ok. So Wednesday while Casey was at mutual I let him stay in the unplugged tub with running water to play while I finished something up (yes, I am a water waster too). I yell to him, he responds back, things are good. A few minutes later he starts yelling AT ME to come here in a different kind of voice. I run in and I find the bath tub almost to full capacity with an inch of space left to the top. I screamed because it totally threw me off guard. I had no idea he knew how to put the plug in! He said (in water up to his neck) "mom, tubtub too big" YA IT'S TOO BIG, ya little stinker!
(it was much fuller than this before I took the picture)
This morning I had a visiting teaching interview. As a hand out they gave us a SunnyD bottle with a paper wrapped around it saying "Your service is the Son's delight" with a picture of Jesus on it. As we were driving to our next errand, Lane wanted the juice bottle so I gave it to him. He looked at it and said "mom, Jesus?" in his curious voice. I said, ya that's Jesus. Then he responded back "Jesus juice?" I busted up laughing and couldn't stop for the longest time!
I need to ask the Relief Society where I can get some more Jesus juice!

11 comments:
bahahahaha! I love Laners. He looks so big in that car seat almost too big!! Post more things like this that was too funny. And I'm likin your bribe with the clothes I just might take you up on that, I love BOTH my sisters :)
Those are so funny. Kids are the best and you will be so happy you blogged about it because we forget to quickly!!!! I best be seeing you guys this week.
I can't wait til Collin talks! I laughed out loud at "mom, tubtub too big" and Jesus juice. Too funny.
"Lane"guage...too cute! I wanna see his big boy room when its done...you make everything cute! (that's why I copy you) :)
I love it when little kids say hilarious stuff. I need to post more of Brooklyn's. Ha . . . Jesus juice. . . I'm going to have to use that one.
hilarious!! what a cute kid!
Devyn has done that with the tub before too!
he is so stinkin' cute! sounds like he keeps you busy and makes life so fun at your house. Hope all is good in AZ! :)
oh my goodness hahahahah. I want to hear his voice! I never get to hear it! Those are some great funnies! Thank you for sharing :-)
That Jesus juice sure works too! I already feel more spiritual!! ;)
Too cute...that little Laners!
I laughed out loud at "Jesus juice." That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Kids say the funniest stuff. I used to be better about writing it down but I need to get into a habit of it, you know my memory problems. Hey, question: so I'm going to make your chicken bbq recipe and it calls for chicken tenders.. are they breaded and already cooked or do you use like tenderloins or no?
Post a Comment