Yep, I had another birthday on Wednesday. I had to ask Casey how old he was so that I could remember how old I was turning. Turns out I am now 27. I was reminded about the joys of ageing when Melinda found 2 grey hairs while doing my weave on Tuesday. Bah, I was hoping for at least mid thirty's before I had to start worrying about that. Anywho, to make my birthday more exciting I actually got to spend it with the person I have been sharing my birthday with the past 27 years... my twin! Stephanie and Travis are here to visit for a few weeks. With a summer birthday you have to take advantage of the heat so we headed off to Wet N Wild water park in Phoenix. To make it even better we got babysitters for the whole day. It was most wonderful.
We ate brunch/lunch at Crackers first...
.
then spent the rest of the day screaming our lungs out on the "scary" rides.
We stayed till they closed then ate dinner at Gecko Grill on the way home. It was a fun birthday!
The next day was fun as well. I love spending time with Leah, Jenni and their kids. If you are wondering where mine are they were either sleeping or crying in the corner. You figure out who was who. Oh and forgive my skanky hair and makeup-less face in every picture. That's as fancy as I get in the summer.

.
With our awesome weather this past week ( I say that somewhat sarcastically) we went and tested out my birthday present Casey got me. Do you like it?! The last time I had a bike of my very own was when I was 8! I was so excited!!! Come winter we will be cruising all over the town. We picked up a cruiser for Casey yesterday and set up the bike trailer so we are set!


8 comments:
Hahahahaha I LOVE THIS!! Happy birthday again Shelley my love! I miss you like crazy. I swear I am buying a cruiser when I get back so we can go crusinn together! Tell Casey I love him and his awesome faces. Give the boys kisses for me! I will see you so soon! Love youuu
How fun! I love your bike! I'm glad you guys had a fun birthday!
YAYYYY! Happy Late Birthday Shelley! I'm so jealous of your bike!!!! We love bike rides so much!
Glad to see some pics and kind of vicariously celebrate your b-day with you :-)
please tell Casey that his face on the bike made me gut laugh for an entire minute straight. RAD!!!
Does that mean we can go for a bike ride again soon?
I am so glad you have a great birthday.
I never remember how old I am either. I have to think about it.
I had a bunch of fun with us girls, i am stealing the pic... woo woot!
Love it! Lane and Rusty were in "Good" hands on your birthday;)
Glad it was an awesome birthday. I know what you mean about the gray hairs. Hey, at least it's waited this long huh? I've got such a light patch up front that I've noticed since I went dark and it seems like really light hair, but Adam says it's gray. I'll see how long until it's obvious that it's gray. Anyways, I'm liking the new do of wavy hair. Do you still have to use a flat iron to do it, or just air dry. I need to experiment a little more with mine, this humidity is driving me crazy.
I wish I'd been able to hang out for the fun in the sun. I've never been to "wet-n-wild but it sounds cool.
Where did you get your cute black and white paisley swimsuit?
yay for birthday week! hey do you know what would be awsome? ... if we could ride our beach cruisers together... oh wait, mine STILL has a flat tire from when you borrowed it!!! haha when are you gonna fix that for me?
Catching up on my blogging finally! Happy Birfday :) It really turned out to be a lot of fun. I like your snazzy bike. Now you, Mom, and Marcie have one.... hmmm, I think Trav needs to get me one soon. Collin misses his cousins :(
Post a Comment