Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Work It!

.
Lanes school is doing a fundraiser by selling
FITNESS WORKS
gym passes for 3 months for $20!
I bought one almost a year ago and loved it so much I signed a longer contract.
The great classes they offer is what sealed the deal for me.
The pass comes with 5 free kid zones which is their day care and 10 free tanning sessions.
You also get a coupon book to places like Golden Spoon, DQ, Subway, etc.
There are 4 different gym locations.
You must redeem by Nov 19. Once you redeem that's when your 3 months start.
Let me know if you are interested!
.
.
.
Now with all this gym talk I decided to post another recipe. I made it for dinner last night.
Strawberry French Toast Crunch.
I stole the idea from a restaurant we ate at in CA. It's reeaally good!
.
Ingredients:
7 eggs
3 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal ( I put in ziplock and crushed into smaller pieces)
6 slices bread of choice. Mine was Sara Lee Hearty & Delicious 100% whole wheat
1 1/2 Tb buttermilk
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
.
In a wide dish like a pie pan mix: eggs, buttermilk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
Soak bread in egg mixture then coat with cereal. Cook in buttered skillet on the stove.
Serve with fresh strawberries and
homemade buttermilk syrup (store bought is illegal at our house:)
.
Buttermilk syrup recipe:
2 stick butter
1 cup buttermilk
2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
*use a BIG pot for this or else it will puff up and over flow because of the soda*
melt all ingrediants together except vanilla in a big pot. Bring to a boil and stir for 3 minutes. Take off heat, add vanilla. DONE!
(A little tip. Since I only need 1 cup of buttermilk for this recipe, I measure out the rest in 1 c. quantities so I dont waste and freeze for the next time)
.
.
It's even better while eating during a windy hail/rain storm. Where did that come from?!
It was awesome!

6 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

Holy cow, shaun is going to die.....honey bunches of oats is his favorite cereal and french toast is one of this favorite things to eat!! Thanks for sharing. =) Also I should get a membership to a gym but my past record for actually going to the gym in no good!!!

Kirsten said...

So now you need to post the homemade buttermilk syrup recipe! :) Looks delicious...two of my favorites in one!

Stephanie Evans said...

Um, I want to buy that membership!!!! Darn the luck.

So I've been meaning to make that french toast.... but you've got it all wrong my friend!!! Whole wheat bread?! Yuck! You need yourself some bakery bread, sliced thick! Ok, so it's not as healthy, but my it's muy tasty.

jake and jenni said...

I am drooling down my face.
{fo realz}
I think we will have it for dinner tonight. YES!
thx. :)

Mary Anne said...

Whooooaaa Shelley...that looks awesome. I'm pretty sure I need to go and make it. Right now.

LOOOOVE buttermilk syrup! That's a fav around here for sure. The other day we made cinnamon apple pancakes. It was a regular pancake recipe, but I used blended oatmeal instead of the white flour, added some diced apples, and about a tablespoon of cinnamon. Just something to think about...it goes well with buttermilk syrup too!

MJM said...

Mollie told me to look on your blog to find this golden recipe. I ate this french toast five times at the restaurant in CA when we were there this summer. LOOOOVE it!
Mary Jo