Monday, October 18, 2010

Tis the Season

.
When our freezer is out of green chili tamales that means October has arrived. Time to make more! We had a tamale making day last week and what a day it was. More so for papa... his tamale day was from like 4am-11pm. I got there around noon and left at 9 and I was BEAT! It really is a process but oh so worth it!


.
You would think Grammy and Papa had enough of us after tamale day but they invited us back for a fun night of carving pumpkins!



We took the boys to Mother Natures Farm. It was a cute place but I think Schnepf Farms is better. The good thing with Mother Natures is it totally got the point across without having to drive to Timbuktu and back! You get to pet animals (which we didn't), go on a hay ride, jump in a blow up bouncy and decorate a pumpkin with stickers. Rusty chewed on all the stickers which was just as much fun to him.



We were graced at the very end with a nice wind/dust storm. So much for clean hair you were hoping would last through the weekend. If you go, make sure to print out a coupon for free adult admission on their website. That totally makes it worth it, to me at least:)
.

4 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Um, why are you tan, Missy miss?! You will surely be the envy of everyone out here!

I changed me mind about us not needing anything from home. We would like one dozen tamales please! :)

Check out Rusty mans hair! So long and blonde. Diggin' the comb over. He just LOOKS snuggly! Wish he could come too!

Hiatt Family said...

Ha ha, I hate when my "weekend hair" gets messed up!

Mary Anne said...

Those boys Shelley! Those boys! They are the cutest. I love Rusty's little face and that he got to play pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern. Fun times.

jake and jenni said...

i do like mother natures farm.
it is alot less overwhelming than schnepf farms. i think i need a tamale now...thank alot! :)