Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mixer

.
One of Rusty's favorite pastimes is to unload all the water bottles from the pantry onto the floor. About twice a day I find myself restocking them back on the shelf. Yes I could easily move them up higher but it entertains him and it allows me to get things done... or sit and watch tv in peace:) It's funny because Lane would do the same thing. Can you tell who is who?




You can usually find Rusty crawling around with this toy broccoli in his mouth. He is getting close to full on walking. Oh my!


I have been enjoying a few Goodwill projects. I found both these dressers for a whole dolla! The brown one I kept as a night stand next to our bed and the ivory dresser I just sold at our garage sale. I forgot to take a before picture of the ivory dresser. Imagine your great grandma's living room, the Brady Bunch or the old Matta's on Main Street waiting area and that's what it originally looked like.





I have been wanting to do a garage sale for FOREVER! Easy money in my mind. I had the goal last year but it got too hot and it never happened. Well Casey was sick of squeezing the car between 2 massive piles of junk so we put it on the calendar for the 10th time and guess what, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! It was a huge success. Not only did we have the typical garage sale stuff, we made breakfast burritos and had soda for purchase as well. I thought we were pretty fancy.




So my friend (name will remain anonymous) gave me 3 garbage bags full of "treasures" after cleaning out her house. As I was digging stuff out of them getting things arranged on tables, I came across 3 bra's that were inside. I almost didn't put them out thinking nobody would buy them. Well I am proud to announce that the very first 3 items sold were...the three bra's! It was hilarious. Gotta love good ol' garage sale hoppers or buen viejo tolvas de venta de garaje:)


8 comments:

jake and jenni said...

Once last year, we had a garage sale and i was too embarrassed to put out my bras for sale, but since it was early in the morning, I decided to put one on over my clothes and do cartwheels in my front yard.
{normal...right?}
A lady stopped my circus act and asked if the bra was for sale. Apparently the support the bra provided my breasts while cartwheeling sealed the deal.
{i just used the words breasts in a blog comment section}

I am glad the garage sale was a success.
P.S. your boys look more alike than i thought. Holy guacamole!

S and B H. said...

I can't believe Lane and Rusty and their SAME.EXPRESSION. in those pics....the mouth! oh my!!! so cute!

I was thinking you did the sale at your house! So glad it was all a success :)

Love your nightstand make overs!

Thank you for thinning my hair today while the boys got to play!

marcie said...

They seriously have the exact same facial expressions I love it! Please push Rusty down every time he attempts to walk... it just means he is growing up faster and I don't know what to think of it. I need him to stay a baby forever :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I CAAAAN'T believe how big Rusty is. I'm just DYYYYYING. And you and your great fixer uppers...WHATEV!!!!

Adam and Jess said...

The bras is funny. I'm not gonna lie, you'd never catch me buying bras at a garage sale.
I've always wanted to "remake" furniture. Did it take forever to sand or not too bad. I love black furniture and think it would be totally doable.

Mary Anne said...

AH ha ha ha the bras. I'm in love with that. And those pictures of those boys are so classic! How hilarious that they are doing the exact same thing. Good for you for getting the photos. Treasures :)

Mary Anne said...

oh and the broccoli...the broccoli is the best!

martanna said...

hahaha awesome post.
You have cookie cutter children, I wonder if they will all look the same! So I see that you switched from Arrowhead to Kirkland Signature...haha

I want to be like you and your craftiness! LOVE IT!

You guys are the best! Muah!