I didn't do any Christmas party posts this year. I am kind of disappointed in myself for that. I counted 6 parties we were able to attend. Minus the hang out with fam on Christmas eve type stuff we like to do as well. Seriously in my opinion, the more you get to do with family during the holidays, the better! We never could get sick of party-ing (however i'm sure our families got sick of us:)
We woke up at 7:50 to open presents. I was kind of worried about an early start because at 3:30am I could hear Lane whimpering in his room. I go in and ask what was wrong. He said he was scared because he heard jingle bells and was wondering if Santa had come. I didn't know Santa was so scary!
It took them negative 10 minutes for them to unwrap their presents from us. Lane loved is SKATEBOARD, tool set and jacket. Rusty loved his CHOO CHOO musical train and ball!
We made it over to our parents around 8:30 to start in on some more present fun!
Here we have the father trying to figure out his gift. Any guesses?
The mother opening her gift from Stephanie, Travis, Casey and I. The funny thing was that I thought about giving her this gift LAST year on Christmas day, so for a whole year I was excited to do this. My mom is burned out on making dinner. She is an amazing cook but after 16 years of cooking for 7 or more...I can't blame her. Since Stephanie has been able to visit for a few weeks we decided to take a day and make 10 freezer meals for my mom to pull out if she isn't feeling up to making dinner that night. I think the expression on her face says it all. Priceless.
Instead of buying the married kids gifts my mom makes up a game where we win money. She is really creative with it. This year it was Jeopardy style with categories like: name that primary song, my brothers keeper (questions where we had to name what brother said or did what), it's all relative, etc. There is even a bonus round with bonus mula!
We ate yummy biscuits and gravy made by father then off to the Goodmans.
I of course don't have any pictures of us opening gifts there but we got some great things. We enjoyed our amazing mexican lunch and trying out our new toys.We went over to Grandmothers for pie that night then went home to lay down our sleepy, full bodies that had a most wonderful Christmas spent with those who we love most.

We are truly blessed!









4 comments:
seriously thats the best part of this whole Christmas break was doing SO much with the fam I loved all of it!
Awww you are the greatest!! Christmas was the best! I miss my handsome boys so much! Is the camera set up yet? We need to skype!! Love you and miss you!
I'm with you, that the more there is to do this season, the better. Adam would have to disagree though;) Your parents are creative with that game and money each year. That was a good idea for your Mom. I actually might steal that idea one time since my Mom hates to cook meals too. Must have something to do with having 7 or 8 kids;)
Your family pictures with the Goodmans look great. You all seem so photogenic. I LOVE Christmas.
We are going to be delayed a few weeks but are coming down for Morgan's homecoming next weekend and that's when we're exchanging with parents. It will be busy but hopefully we can get together to hang out.
The picture you got of mom opening her present is PRICELESS! Love it! That was the best idea.
We miss you guys. It was hard for me to leave this time. Well, it's hard every time, but more particularly this time. It's fun now that our boys can play together. Just don't have another one til I'm ready, K? :) If this kid is anything like Rusty, I might be ready after Trav graduates :)
Post a Comment