Monday, April 21, 2014

St. Patty's, Spring Break, April Fools and more!

 
Casey threw a huge elders quorum party.
It was the week before St. Patrick's day so he themed it around the color green,
seeing how that would be the cheapest, easiest way to decorate.
Are you feeling LUCKY? We played bunco:)
 
 

 Casey is a good party planner.
He pays great attention to detail and wants to make sure everybody will have a good time.
Before bunco we had an AMAZING dinner!
One of his counselor's is a manager over many Chipotle's so he helped
cater that for food plus mini chimi's from Nando's.
So we stuffed our faces then headed over to the bunco tables.
Each table had a bunch of goodies to munch on while playing.
Minus the loser table. They got nothing and had to sit on the little kid chairs.
The winning table got the plush, soft chairs.
 



The YW babysat to help earn money for girls camp.
I went to check on them half way through and I couldn't stop laughing.
It was a mad house! There were toys everywhere and kids running wild.


For the actual holiday I don't do much. No green pancakes or scavenger hunt for the pot of gold.
We did have lucky charms only on default that we have that in our pantry year round:/
I had to snap a picture of my sweet little leprechauns that I love so much!
 



 
Spring break wasn't too exciting. I did try to plan one fun thing to do everyday.
Since our neighborhood pool is heated we swam almost everyday.
We went mini golfing one night.
We went to the zoo on Lindi's birthday, I already posted about that.
And I'm sure there was a park day thrown in there as well.
 



I have to post this because it captures every meal or snack perfectly at our house.
Lindi is a hard core foodie. If she see's or hears of food, she makes sure she is in on the action.
I had already fed her lunch and Rusty wanted a smoothie so of course she screamed and cried until Rusty shared sips with her. The boys have figured out how to keep her quiet real fast... share their food with her!


 My April Fools joke on Casey, hehehehehe.
He will most likely kill me for posting this!

 This got me rolling as well.
We were running late to church.
8 o'clock church blows.
I asked Casey to get Lindi dressed.
And so he did: 

 We went to visit my dad at his work on his birthday!
It's a long story but I have never been to his office before.
My mom brought a bunch of Sprinkles cupcakes to share with his employee's and it was fun to
see who he works with and all that is entailed in his job.


 The One Direction song "The Story Of My Life" runs through my head
 as I think back a few weeks ago.
 Lindi stuck on my hip or crying at my feet while trying to get things done.
TEETHING. IS. THE. WORST.
 I think we are over it.
And she has 4 brand new teeth on top to show for it.


I have a new favorite restaurant.
The China King.
My better half doesn't like Chinese food so
 after the women's broadcast I kinda subtly hinted we should eat some.
 We walked in to a red satin, whole goose roasting in the glass window restaurant
and knew this would be an authentic experience.
 The food was amaz-balls.
 And getting photo bombed by the china king himself made it even better! 



 
Somebody upgraded to a front facing car seat!

I ran in the 5K Rock N Run race.
It was sponsoring the Special Olympics and was honoring my cousin CJ who passed away last month. My mom was there to do the 1 mile fun run.

 And I'll end with the cutest piggies ever.
All of her hair barely fits. Barely.
And I think it ages her instantly.


 

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I love your blog. I realized at the end that I had a big smile on my face. It's so fun to see what's going on in your life. I'm glad you give the shaft to the ridiculousness of St. Patty's Day. But Casey's party looked super fun!! All good ideas. I want to remember and copy this if I'm ever in charge of a ward party again. Lindi is to die for. Glad those teeth are finally in! I love the pic of Rusty and Lindi snuggling on the front porch. So cute! How fun that you got to go to Dad's work. $200 for cupcakes ain't no thang for the man that makes the big bucks. :)

marcie said...

After seeing those cute piggies on Lindi I'm just dying to see her! Next week will be so fun :) Casey is quite the party thrower!! He was cracking me up that night he was so proud of the food that was going to be there haha.