Monday, April 20, 2015

33 and 2!

 
 
Casey had only one request this year for his birthday.
He wanted the boys to make him a birthday cake.
I kind of thought he was kidding, but he wasn't.
We chose a monster truck theme because we had just gone to see them.
I picked Lane up from school and had him ditch music class (he was so sad about that. NOT),
and went to my parents to decorate in secret.
The boys really did do most of it by themselves.
I was super impressed by their creativity!
I even caught Lane staring at his masterpiece with approval!
He is my attention to detail child and is a PERFECTIONIST.
Almost to his own fault.
He loves to decorate the house for holidays and makes sure his outfits are up to par with
what is in style. I let him frost the cake and kind of cringed when I passed the knife off to him
thinking it would look like a mess when done.
I was so wrong. In fact he did a better job than I would have done!
 
 

 

 
We drove carefully home to find dad's truck parked out front.
Perfect timing!
He was so surprised and really thought I had forgotten about his birthday wish!
Rusty had a T-ball game so we hurried and sang happy birthday and headed out the door.
Thank goodness Casey doesn't believe in celebrating birthdays and was probably happy to save
money on going out to dinner. He is so easy to please. Doesn't like attention or lots of fluff.
We love our cute dad and we wouldn't know what to do without him!!
 

 
 
 

THIS little thang had her birthday the following week!
She is sure a smarty pants and keeps us laughing constantly.
She is SASS-Y!!!!
Oh my word , she sure runs the roosts over here.
She likes to bite Rusty and only Rusty.
Mostly it's when he is teasing her.
The first time it happened Rusty came running to me crying.
Sure enough he had big teeth marks on his wrists.
In a scold voice I asked Lindi if she bit Rusty.
She confidently nodded her head and said yes.
Then she opened her mouth wide and made chopping down motions with her teeth mimicking
her biting Rusty with a SMIRK on her face!!
Oh. My!
I couldn't stop from busting up laughing which only put fuel to her fire.
 
This morning I walked into our bedroom to find her jumping on our bed,
buck naked, with a cup of blueberry yogurt and spoon in her hand!! Oi!!

A couple of Sunday's ago Lindi dropped something during the Sacrament and said
"oh crap", pretty loudly. We heard a few snickers around the room.
Us included. We had never heard her say that before!
Casey leaned over and said, I wonder who she got that from?
I looked at him blankly.
Not 5 minuets later my purse fell off of my lap and dumped onto the floor.
Without hesitation I mumbled, oh crap.
Crap, that's where she got it from!!!
 
 
She sure spices things up in our family.
But we couldn't love her more!
 
 
I took some pictures of her on her birthday.
These faces capture her personality perfectly!
 






CHEEEESE
 


 
Her birthday falls during spring break so lucky for her we went and did
something fun! Pogo Passes are the bomb.com. They added Makutu's Island
so off we went! I went up in the tunnels with her for about 15 minutes before claustrophobia
hit. I love this picture of her cute little bum in the air:)
 



That happy smile on her face melts my heart.
And you see that yellow slide in the background?
Holy fast and steep!!  
It takes your breath away more than the bonzi slide at SunSplash!
 


 Later that night we celebrated with take out from Matta's and cupcakes!
Happy Birthday is her favorite song right now. And wheels on the bus.
I'll catch her singing it all by herself while she is playing, its adorable!
 






And just like that she turned TWO!!
 
 
 


1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

That cake the boys made was LEGIT! I had no idea Lane was so detail oriented. Low key birthdays are really so nice.