I haven't been very good about posting updated pictures of our house!
I think its because I say I'll wait until this or that gets finished.
Then I realized, it's pretty much all done!!
I first must say that this could not have happened without my amazing husband!
He is truly a man who does not care or have opinions.
Whenever I was trying to decided on something,
I would ask him what he thought and his answer was always,
whatever make you happy.
Awe, those kind of guys are slim to non to find!
He honestly gave me my dream home.
I wish there was a way to repay him back for all the hard work he put into making
this a dream come true for me!
A year had come and gone from our move in date.
I couldn't believe it.
Since we gutted the whole inside, we took a year off from work.
The outside was horrendous!
Nothing on this house had been updated or fixed in a good 20 years I'm guessing.
I take that back.
The owners before us said they had re done the landscaping out front the year prior.
Say whaa??
Oh, you mean tearing out the grass and putting in a weird
shaped curbing surrounded by kitty litter type rocks?
PERFECT update!
I am one to find the diamond in the rough, so I knew this house had great bones.
Casey and I would always talk about fixing up the outside, but never had a starting date.
One Saturday morning Casey pulled up with the tractor and started demoing.
It was a HAPPY DAY!
Here is the before in all her mint green glory!
bye bye kitty litter that got stuck in your shoes and would get spread through out the whole house.
The funny part was, we really didn't have a plan:/
New concrete or pavers?
New brick or stone?
Paint the brick or stucco?
Shiplap and new brick??
Ugh, the choices were endless.
We had so many guys come to give us bids, sometimes even twice!
In the end we decided to do pavers.
I was nervous.
People wondered why we were doing pavers when Casey does concrete for a living, lol!
I wanted our house to look different than the others on our street.
Not living in an HOA neighborhood, I felt compelled to throw caution to the wind.
So a couple of weeks later, we tore out the driveway!
The pavers I chose were different than what I thought I wanted.
After many trips to the store to weigh my options and driving neighborhoods to get ideas,
I picked 2 different layouts.
The driveway was going to be bold with dark charcoal and a white square paver.
The walk way was more of a mix of the 2 colors and more subtle to the eye.
The more they worked on it, the more I was starting to LOVE IT:)
Once we got the walk way in we realized that the front door was not centered by about 6 inches.
Enough to be noticeable and bug us every time we would pull up to our house.
I'm a girl and figured we were stuck with it.
I guess I was wrong!
Next thing I know, Casey and Russ, our neighbor had a saw and were cutting out the front door!
It was comical. At least to me it was.
I mentally couldn't imagine what they were going to do to fix the problem.
Welp, it was simple.
Take off the baseboard, cut around the door, slide it over and re drywall and then paint.
Voila!!
Next was deciding what materials to use on the house.
Long story short, I picked shiplap:)
Let me also tell you, this was not an overnight project.
It took about 2 months.
And the whole time I was sick as a dog!
I was early pregnant and the most nauseous I had ever been.
Plus I got the flu on top of it.
I remember one day laying on the floor of the living room so sick.
Hair was a mess, house was a mess.
A worker walked in to fix something and I couldn't of cared less what he thought of me
laying dead on the floor.
I'm so glad this part is over with!!
Here is the house with shiplap, not painted yet.
Picking paint colors was easy, because I already knew what I wanted.
WHITE!!
All white.
Trim and all:)
White makes me happy!
The painter wasn't so sure.
He tried to get me to pick another color as accents but I stood my ground.
6 coats of paint later I had my farmhouse almost complete!
I also love the turquoise door and the garage door made the whole thing what it is!
Oh, here is Casey's truck loaded up with new trees and bushes.
It was comical driving down the road with this massive thing in the back!
And the finished product!
Still looking for the perfect wreath and finishing touches.
But this is definitely HOME SWEET HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment