Monday, January 8, 2018

Beginning of the school year stuff



It was that time of year again!
I love when Instagram starts blowing up with all of the tearful, sad first day of school
pictures. I hope my kids didn't have their feelings hurt when I posted:
A is for Apple, B is for Bye!

As much as I love them, it just becomes time to get the school year rolling
before an amazing Summer turns to bloodshed of brotherly "love" and boredom:)



I try to make the after school snack on the first day a little more special than 
ransack the cupboards or resort to a bag of chocolate chips like the rest
of the school year goes. 

They beg me for the monkey bread in the freezer isle, so that was easy enough!


A couple of weeks later Lindi started her second year of Shining Star
preschool, only THREE days a week this time!

I of course forgot to take a picture of her on the first day.
But here is her picture page they put in the Shining Star binder.
When you are star of the week you get to take it home and look at all of the
other kids pages.



Craig texted me the night before Mesa High's homecoming wondering if I wanted to drive
the pink golf cart in the parade.
Heck yes I would!
We got to chauffeur last years King and Queen.



Before it started we were waiting in the shade observing all the hustle and bustle.
Rusty was very enthralled with it all.
Especially when this truck packed jammed with teenagers in the back pulled up 
and out popped cheerleaders, football players, basically a sea of  purple and gold.
You could see the sparkle in his eyes.
I could feel the fear in my chest!
It won't be long until that will be HIM!!
And I SWEAR that was just me in high school.
Now I am the mid life crisis mom driving my pink golf cart in the parade. 


I have never seen Della whip around so fast when that "bunny" walked up to her, lol!


Going along the parade route 


the Brazilian float won my vote as #1!
Haha, they made sure it was recognizable!

A close second was the swim and dive team... tarp-ing the back of a truck
and filling it with water. Props to anyone who can sport a speedo proudly.



I stole this off of Marcie's insta story.




After the parade we stayed at the carnival for a while.


Can you tell who the big chicken is?
Silly girl does not like giant stuffed animals!













No comments: