I was able to be the assistant High Adventure leader for our
stake at the end of July!
My main roll was being in charge of the food.
Man oh man, what a huge undertaking!
I think for a whole week the girls and Casey got to go on numerous Walmart and
Sam's Club expeditions with me in preparation.
I must say, we did eat well:)
Our first stop was kayaking down the Salt River.
My friend, Bethany, was in charge of the whole thing.
We got in a kayak together.
Unfortunately we tipped, got SOAKED, her phone drowned, and
we got to smell like yummy lake water the rest of the trip!
We then headed up to Flagstaff and set up camp.
I got the girls going on a game. Up Jack or the quarter game.
The first night we did tin foil dinners!
It turned out delicious, but they took forever to cook!
I was praying nobody would get poisoned, because it would be on my head!
My prayers were answered, no vomit-ers that night.
And s'more roasting
We had 2 big activities planned for Friday.
The first was the ropes course and Flagstaff extreme!
I was super excited for this part.
It was overcast in the morning. We had our fingers crossed that we could get through that portion, because it gets shut down if lightening strikes within a certain mileage.
Here are the Windsor girls and leaders all geared up to climb some trees!
There are 4 courses that gradually get harder.
Right as I was getting ready to climb up for the last course lightening struck.
I was so bummed!
You have to wait an hour after the last strike before you can go up again.
We didn't have time to wait so that was the end of that.
We had lunch while it rained then got into the cars to drive to the lava tubs.
I have never done either of these activities, so I was experiencing as much as the girls were!
After carne asada tacos and games we had a lovely fireside devotional.
It was lots of fun, but lots of work!
I wish the stake camp director upon no one!!











No comments:
Post a Comment