Friday afternoon Casey made his way back to us!
I was giddy watching the plane roll up.
We met up with everyone else at Pizza Pie Cafe.
We sure miss that place in AZ!
Saturday the Evans's were going to be in Salt Lake City
all day picking up Travis.
all day picking up Travis.
We had a chill day at home!
Slept in, hung out, then walked to get some donuts from the Provo Bakery.
For dinner we scouted out a burger place on University St.
Backdoor Burger.
It shared a space with an axe throwing company.
Yummiest homemade burgers!
Wish I would have taken a picture of them.
I did however of the made from scratch desserts!
Sunday was another chill day.
Church from home is kind of nice:)
We had family Sunday dinner at our house.
Snoring enchiladas, a Lindblom specialty.
Snoring enchiladas, a Lindblom specialty.
Fun to have Christopher and Jael join us!
Christopher brought a delicacy to share, crickets and worms.
I think Rusty and Weston were the only brave souls.
There was a freak couple of freezing cold days.
In July!
We struggled with our measly warmth I packed for us.
We struggled with our measly warmth I packed for us.
It's Summer for crying out loud!
Needless to say, we
planned some non water activities.
Hogle Zoo has always been on my list to visit.
It is definitely a small zoo.
It is definitely a small zoo.
But the animal interactions were AMAZING!!!
I couldn't believe all that we saw.
So up close, too.
Hello lions!
Crazy having them right at our feet,
with only plexiglass between us.
Crazy having them right at our feet,
with only plexiglass between us.
This polar bear was being wild!
Banging into the glass and jumping on the ball.
Maybe it was the cold that got him all excited.
Dying that the zoo was worried about this otter statue catching the corona virus, lol!
We had to dodge the rain and (what the) HAIL for a bit.
They thought it was funny to smack the tree limbs and soak the person behind them.
Not smart, Lane.
From there we went to the SLC Cemetery!
We had been before, but this time there was
an added special prophet to visit.
an added special prophet to visit.
Love the mid hop.
Sorry, President Smith!
A view to U of U.
I think everyone was excited about dinner at Leatherby's!
More so, excited about dessert at Leatherby's:)
Their ice cream... no words.
Come to mama!
Time to work off our ice cream from the night before.
A hike to the Y!
Poor Casey was the pack mule on the way up.
And I put my trusty hip to good use on the way down.
This girl had got to learn to hike!
Excuse Tanner peeing on the side, ha!
She just pulled in from her long drive from AZ!
Stephanie gave us a tour of the campus since she knows it best from her college days.
Luckily some buildings were open.
We saw some art in the HFAC building.
Walked around the Wilkinson Center.
Saw some dorms and got cookies and cream milk in the Book Store!
Upon research, I discovered a place about 30 minutes south of Provo.
It was a hidden "pond" with rope swings all over, in the middle of nowhere.
It got so popular, some eagle scouts build decks as their service project!
It got so popular, some eagle scouts build decks as their service project!
I had no idea what to expect, but lets go for it!
Mona Rope Swings
Ok, coolest place. Ever!
A boys dream come true.
The water was crystal blue. COLD! But blue.
We ended up staying 3 hours.
We could have stayed longer, but my mom and I were
anxious to get to the Young Living farm that was about 10 minutes
away from the rope swings.
We could see the lavender fields along the road so I googled it.
Sure enough, they have a whole set up there!
anxious to get to the Young Living farm that was about 10 minutes
away from the rope swings.
We could see the lavender fields along the road so I googled it.
Sure enough, they have a whole set up there!
What is not more authentic in UT than essential oils, lol!
It was about to close and tours were not available due to covid.
We walked around and bought some products.
It was cool. I want to go back when everything is open!

























No comments:
Post a Comment