Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Her Special Day



The big day was finally here.
Lindi Lou Goodman was getting baptized!

I feel like we dodged a bullet with the uncertainty of the corona virus.
Just a year ago the 8 year olds getting baptized could only have
 immediate family members in attendance. 

We were lucky that it played in our favor.
We were able to have a private baptism, not shared with the stake, with ALL
of our family members invited to come. 
It made it extra special.

I love how her invitation turned out.
Soft and feminine. 
That cute face helps a little, too:)




We arrived early to get these 2 dressed in their jumpsuits.







Set up her display table.







It dawned on me to see if Christopher and Jael wanted to join us through zoom
5 minutes before it started!
I'm glad they were already prepared.
They were set up waiting for the link, oops!

It worked!




Another perk to a private baptism was that Lindi got to pick the program!
She asked Aunt Valerie to play the piano.
Grandma and Grammy said the prayers.
Aunt Stephanie was the lucky one picked to give the talk.
Of course she couldn't have picked a better person.

I loved her analogy of baptism.
She said it's like cotton candy.
It's yummy and sweet, and looks pretty on the outside. 
But once you start eating it, you get sticky and messy.
Kind of like life.

When we find ourselves sticky and gooey from the cotton candy,
we have things like wet wipes to make us clean again and fresh again.
Heavenly Father gave us the ability to repent to make ourselves clean again.
The Holy Ghost can also help us to stay clean. 

She had a bag of cotton candy and a package of wet wipes for her to take home.
I wish I could share her whole talk.
It was beautiful and perfect.
The spirit was as strong as ever. 


Next was the actual baptism!
Dunk-a-roo time.
Lane and Rusty were able to be her witnesses.


All of the primary aged children sang, I Am A Child Of God.
Love that Casey snuck this picture.


She was confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.


We did not have a luncheon planned afterwards
(we have a tiny house to host 60 people).

I ordered cookies from Sassy's bakery as a take home treat.



They were darling!!



We were grateful for all of the love and support!
Her day couldn't have gone any better.










We tossed around the idea to go to the lake afterwards.
Oh ya, did I mention we bought a boat?!

We went with it and it turned out to be a good time!
A crowded good time at that.
It was still Spring Break for some, and the weather had hit the 90's for the first time.
We were lucky to get the last parking spot for boat trailers.

Poor Jesse and his girls had to park on the highway and walk down to the docks.
It was my first time driving the boat solo, off of the trailer, picking people up at the dock,
and putting the boat back on the trailer. 
The crowds did not help my nerves, but I did it!!







 

No comments: