Sunday, January 30, 2022

Happy Birthday to LANE!






It was Lanes birthday, and he turned 15.
I think he is my easiest child when it comes to birthdays.
He wants zero attention on him.
No singing, pictures or praise.
Just a present and he is a happy camper!

I told him he could have a party.
He mulled it over and thought maybe Race Way Speed Way with some friends would be fun.
But then they planned a church campout on that weekend and he said he would
rather just go to that and save his party for when he turned 16.
Most of his friends would be on that anyways.
I sent cinnamon rolls and birthday candles as a surprise with his leaders.
That is one of his favorite treats. 


He did request that I bring him Canes for lunch at school. 
I could manage that!
In fact, it was pretty fun going on campus and seeing the hustle and bustle of
the students.
A little PTSD was triggered, but I reminded myself I paid my dues a loooong time ago!

Here he was trying to scurry away making
sure to not be caught dead walking with his mother!



He had gifts waiting for him at home.


That smile...
He thought for SURE he wouldn't get what he asked for.
Air pod PROS! I don't even have those.
Spoiled boy!




He picked Cheesecake Factory for his special dinner.



 
He is a sweet boy.
I loved looking through his text feed and seeing lots of birthday wishes sent to him.
I know he doesn't like attention,
 but I know those good friends made him feel special.
Love that oldest boy of ours!




No comments: