Sunday, January 29, 2023

First day, Yay!! 2022-2023







It was finally her turn to have meet the teacher!
She instantly found her desk and thought it was the coolest thing ever.




Mrs. Limon has been at Franklin for as long as I can remember.
She is also one of my moms friends from high school.
Even though we didn't get Mrs. Stradling who we were crossing our fingers for,
we couldn't be happier about landing her as a teacher!



Rusty boy, my heart.
All big and heading to Jr. High!!!
In my mind he is still my little side kick who will never grow up. 
Nope, no longer.
7th grade was going to be loaded with many friends and memories. 
He was ready to get there and start wood working, his first choice for electives. 



 
He is the only boy in our carpool, lucky!
My friend took this right after they hopped out.
It is a smaller school, so it was nice knowing he had at least 2 friends in 
every class. That sure helped my mama heart.





Next shift were the girls.
4th grade and KINDERGARTEN. 
All day at that. 
I was nervous.
The other 3 did half day. 
They still offered it, but the program changed.
Instead of 1 classroom only having half day for am/pm classes, they had
everyone in full day with the option to take your kid out before lunch. 
I knew she would be sad to be basically the only one to leave early.
She is older with an October birthday, so I felt okay about sending her the full time. 





Lane was pumped about no A-hour or AP classes this year!
Sophomore year is probably going to be his easiest, so hopefully he 
lives it up!
He gets to ride with us to the bus stop before taking him to school.
November can't come quick enough so he can drive himself!



I dropped Della off the first day.
No tears!
I was quietly patting myself on the back.
She usually puts up some kind of fuss when leaving he in new places for the first time.




Spotted Lindi in line on my way back to the car!




Everyone had a good day!
However, you could see the tired, unsure eyes in Della's face.
She asked if she could do half day and I was like uh oh. 

The next morning she got on the bus no problem.
I thought we were for sure in the clear!



Third day is when it hit.
She would NOT get out of the car to get on the bus.
Screaming and crying... the newness wore off and she knew what the
day ahead of her was going to be like.
She kept saying its soooo long at school.
I hear ya girl, it is long.
My heart was breaking for her, but what do you do?
I can't keep her home forever!

I drove her to the school and walked her to the playground.
I was hoping seeing her teacher and friends would help her hop in line to walk to class.
Ha, wishful thinking. 

I walked with her in line as she clung to me, crying hysterically.
Luckily the principal had come over by now.
Everyone was going into the classroom.
 I somehow pried my leg free and bolted to the
gate exit as Mrs. Baxter was holding her back from running after me.
I turned around to see her lying on the floor screaming for me as I ran to my car!
It was terrible!!

It was literally a scene.
I could see parents staring with concerned, but also laughing faces.
I could see their thoughts... that poor mom, I'm so glad its not me, haha. 
 I pretended to drive off so she knew she was  stuck there. That always 
helps her calm down. 
I drove back to the office right as Mrs. Baxter was walking back.
She said she was about to call me to say she was in class and doing great!
Goodness, that was exhausting. 

Oh, but it gets better.
I was supposed to be the parent helper that day!
We decided it would be fine to try it out. 

She did good, until it was time for me to leave.
Gosh dang it, should have never gone in.

Sobs all over again. 



This went on a solid 3 weeks.
It was exhausting. 
But of course, the little stinker loves Kindergarten now.
We have no problems with the bus or class.
She is a stubborn one (big sigh). 



Both girls made company dance.
Life of little ballerinas, here we come!





 

No comments: