Both girls did synchronized swim this Summer.
Bonus that this is the only year they could both be in the same class,
and with Scarlett!
Little did I know what kind of commitment I got myself into.
I'm fine with during the day practices.
I remember skipping most meets growing up, so I figured we would
do the same.
It worked until it got to partner and group routines.
Oof, other people were now counting on us to be there!
It ended up being fun, but I was for sure the slacker parent.
Thankfully the other moms picked up my slack and motivation.
Della was paired with April, who goes to her school so that was fun
to get to know her better.
We didn't know Lindi's partner
but they did great on their routine as well.
but they did great on their routine as well.
Josie her friend from school was also in their weekly class.
They did really well with 3rd and 4th place!
Casey and I should have received participation trophies, haha!
Waiting around for hours is no joke in the AZ heat.
The following week was team competition.
I'm honestly surprised we didn't melt away.
I'm honestly surprised we didn't melt away.
It was an EXTREMELY hot evening.
I am usually not phased by the heat, but holy cow it was next level!
There was no way around it.
No matter how much cold water you drank or sitting in the shade,
nothing was cutting it besides jumping in the water.
Which I saw a few parents do!
I don't blame them, I was about ready to put shame aside.
Survival mode all the way!
The Jackson girls were home from college for the Summer, so we took them to the lake!
Our girls love them and think they are pretty cool.
Casey took his priest from church on a hike to Wagon Wheel.
I have never been but looking at these waterfalls, I might
have to check them out myself soon!
Food is always a way to teenage boys hearts!
She wont try surfing herself, but is totally fine bumming a ride
from someone else!
The girl would drive the boat all day if you let her.
Girls dinner then Barbie movie!
I can't remember who, but someone Casey works with gave us a box
of cherries!
Oh, they were delicious!!
I turned FORTY!
Yep, just learning to embrace it.
40 is great, 40 is honorable, 40 is where it's at!!!
Positive energy going forward, right?
Casey took me on a quick trip to Las Vegas.
Mainly for my favorite place of all time.
The Wynn Buffet!
Jesse and Kristen came with us last minute and was a blast!
We flew in, ate dinner, then walked to the Bellagio for the O show!
Such a fascinating show, I loved it!
Walked the strip.
Popped in the Cosmopolitan to get some Secret Pizza!
Crepes at midnight is also a great idea!
We don't gamble, we eat!
While Casey and I slept in,
Kristen was off on an adventure acquiring these viral donuts!
That is something I would do.
Gimme all the donuts!
She babied these boxes all the way to the airport and home.
She babied these boxes all the way to the airport and home.
We all booked massages and enjoyed lounging, soaking, and cold plunging.
We went up to the pool for a few hours to rest up for the main event.
We went up to the pool for a few hours to rest up for the main event.
DINNER!!
Come to mama!
Nothing says happy 40 and welcome slow metabolism like the
grandest buffet of all buffets.
In a blink we were back on the plane home.
Side note- This new sphere thing is pretty wild!
I walked out of the gym bright and
early to this gorgeous view of the temple.
early to this gorgeous view of the temple.
They are going to be great babysitters one day!
Jael took Lucy to Switzerland to visit her parents for 2 weeks.
So Christopher decided he needed to visit his parents too, lol!
It was fun having him home.
We met up at Organ Stop Pizza one night.
I helped watch his kids one day so he could focus on work.
My kids kill for picnics whenever they can get them!
Meet the teacher night was here.
Wahhhh!
However, we did luck out with 2 of the best teachers for this
new school year.
Lindi got Mrs. Brown, who we loved when Lane had her.
Mrs. Abbot has been amazing.
Our first time getting her!
Looks like the timing is right to get back to school!










































No comments:
Post a Comment