Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just Because We Are Not In School...

... didn't mean that we couldn't have a fun Spring Break!! Ours was full of random FUN this year! I think everyday had something exciting in it! Here are some highlights of our week:



Tuesday we went out to the desert with my fam for some quad riding.










to IHOP we go for some din din afterwards!





On Wednesday, Marcie, Lane and I worked on getting our skin to looking off white instead of pale white.




well, I should speak for myself. Marcie and Lane are little brown bears now... I am still on the polar bear side.



Picnic at the park with cousins was our Thursday outing!







Friday evening we headed out to the River View shopping area. It kind of turned into an "animal" adventure, or our stuffed animal adventure:)


Casey needed new work boots, so we went to Shepplers where Lane and Minda got an 8 second ride on the bull!

Dinner at Famous Dave's were there was a celebrity siting!


After dinner we visited the Bass Pro Shop for our very first time.

I had heard that this place was amazing, the comments were right! I felt like I was in a million dollar lodge in Aspen Colorado. Definitely a campers, hunters, fishers paradise in there! Lane was eating up all the fish in the tanks and the wild animals that were mounted on the walls. That was not so much my favorite, I get creeped out by stuff like that.



Saturday Casey went to the dunes. Since Lane and I didn't have anything better to do, we enjoyed the nice breezy day shopping at the San Tan mall. That is our deal, when he goes to the dunes...we get to SHOP! We were good though and only had one purchase that was $8.50!


Spring Break treated us well... even if it was 90 degrees the whole week. I am a summer girl so it only made me more excited for June to come!!

13 comments:

Breanna and Martin said...

oh my fun! K this is ridiculous, you guys are swimming in the pool and its snowing here today! UGH! Val did bring the nice weather during spring break though so its ok :-)
K is Kennedy really in a regular swing all by herself? I can't stand this, they are growing up too fast without me!
Love and miss you! COME BOARDING THIS WEEKEND!

SunGood said...

What a fun week that was! Looks like you guys made good use of it! Back to the daily grind today!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

You look H.O.T!!!! What darling pictures and what fun!
Can you please stop by every day like you did this morning? I miss you...
Let's plan something fun for Thurs. any ideas??
xoxo

ashley wright said...

Looks like fun Shelley! I <3 spring break too! Your little fam looks great! Lane is getting so big! miss you :)

Val said...

Jeez always mparyting without me. JUST KIDDING!! Im glad spring break was so good to you! Ive missed you guys and cant wait to see you!!

S and B H. said...

I am glad we got a park day in with your fun and busy week!! I can't thank you enough for your text tonight about getting my kids tomorrow. You are so sweet to do that. I will be able to get a few more things done!!

Cassie and Joe said...

What a fun, busy week you guys had! Joe had the week off and we didn't do anything too exciting. I wish we would have taken advantage like you guys did! You should have come to softball on Tuesday, eventhough Casey left early cuz he was hurting. I try and come to the early games, but no way to the late games. Maybe next time, if Casey is feeling better!

Laura said...

what a fun week for you! hope you all enjoyed your break! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like a great week. I was thinking another zoo trip? Any time next week good for you? His first zoo trip will be added soon. My new laptop had water spilled on it (courtesy Brinton and Tif), so I have to send it off to get fixed and to be able to do pictures again. :( Worry not, brave little flock. I shall return

Leah Martineau said...

Well you guys don't waste anytime =) I'm glad you got to go have tons of fun. I love Spring Break, heck I love this time of year. SO many fun things to do and the weather is great!! This will be a great summer, lets swim it up!!!

marcie said...

yay for riding and hot tubbing during the day!! That should be a weekly routine for us

Kristen said...

I love fun, busy weeks like that! Spring Break definitley needs to come more often...I am so looking forward to summer!!

jake and jenni said...

All you need now is ice, a roof, and the thong song! Good luck and Happy Spring break!