Saturday, July 16, 2016

Last day of school was a DOOZY!




It was a fast and furious year.
After Spring Break I think I checked out.
Scratch think, I KNOW I checked out!
It seemed like I could hardly keep my head above water.
I would survive a day.
Then the next day seemed ridiculously crazier than the other!
I basically lived in my car.
Nights were late with baseball games.
I was literally Nemo chanting, just keep swimming.

I didn't realize how frazzled I was until I was sitting at the bus stop
waiting for the boys. 
I started reading an article off of facebook called "Worst End of the Year Mom Ever".
It was a mom who was surviving the end of the school year trauma and was not
holding back her true feelings on the matter.
Child who that morning says they need to be dressed up as the character of a book.
All about Me poster the last week of school.
Not checking homework folders.
Deciding which child to focus more effort on when it came to school work.
Counting auditory reading instead of real reading with your kindergartner.
When she mentioned another situation that came about,  she became exasperated and said
What fresh hell is this?
I lost it. I started laughing uncontrollably.
Couldn't breath kind of laughing.
But then weirdly, I started crying!!
Like sobbing crying.
This is me!!!
I am limping, limping across the finish line.

Just the prior night I had had it!
We got home late from Rusty's game.
I think it was 8:30.
Nobody had eaten dinner yet.
I was trying to gather everybody to eat and get them the heck to bed.
Then there was a knock on the door.
It was a man from our ward wanting to talk to Casey.
Of course the kids thought this was a chance to break free and do whatever they wanted.
And I was done. SO DONE!
After the first fake polite holler out to the street for them to please come in and eat,
my tone started to change.
Finally I just yelled at the top of my lungs,
IF YOU DON'T COME IN NOW YOU WILL GO
TO BED HUNGRY!!
Ya, didn't even care that the man was still there listening to me scream at my children.
And guess what. They still didn't come inside.
Nobody got dinner that night:/
The tears of starvation didn't even bother me.
Ha, mom of the year award.
See, limping!

So here we were, the last day of school.
Booya!!

I went to help Rusty with his class party.
They were singing the cutest song.
It helped push away stressed out feelings seeing him so happy in his classroom.
I little guilt started to creep in with my insane behavior the past couple of weeks.



The party was actually the day before school got out.
On the last day they had their Kinder sing in the auditorium.


He had quite the entourage!


Mrs. Johnson, his teachers aid.

 
Mrs. Stradling, THE best teacher EVER!
Love, love, lover her!!

After his performance they were able to go home with their parents.
We had a couple of hours before Lindi had her swim lessons and then go to the last
part of Lanes party at the school.
Krazy Air sounded fun so we went there.


They jumped for a good hour while I sat on my rear in exhaustion.
Here is where the story gets a little TMI.
The day before I was leaking a lot of fluid.
I didn't think much of it.
If I woke up the next day and it still continued I would call the doctor.
That morning I was a little bit.
When I stood up at Krazy Air to buy them subs for lunch I felt a big gush.
Started to panic.
I called my OB's office while standing in line with kids running everywhere.
Since it was Thursday I knew the office would be closed the next day until Monday.
I figured I would just ask the signs for your water leaking or even breaking.
The lady on the phone asked me how far along I was.
I said 19 weeks.
She said hold one minute please.
Ok.
Lady back on the phone, um ya, you need to go straight to the ER.
If it is your water leaking it is very dangerous.
Seriously??
I was just calling for advise and maybe a quick check at the office.
Not the hospital!!
Ugh.
I got the sandwiches to go.
Threw the kids in the car.
Dropped them off at my moms and drove to the hospital.
After a 4 hour stay.
Casey leaving work early.
An ultra sound and pelvic check, I was fine.
Sometimes if the head is far down it can push on your uterus and cause leakage.
I had no idea.
At least I got to sneak another peek at our cutie during the ultra sound.



Lindi missed her swim lesson.
My mom was sweet enough to go down to the school to pick up Lane.
She also is good to take lots of pictures!






Like I said, a doozy of a last day of school!
But it was a great year.
Even though I epically failed the last few weeks.
Luckily kids are oblivious to stressed out moms.
Well, I hope they are!!


No comments: