Heaven gained a special person.
The loss of Casey's dad has been so, so hard.
Our sweet Papa was everything to us.
He worked HARD, served HARD, and most
importantly, loved HARD.
importantly, loved HARD.
You could find him to be holding multiple babies at one time, whipping up his
famous meatloaf, pushing kiddos in the porch swings, always up by 5am (or earlier) to
get to working, wearing his cowboy hat or being very quiet.
He was tender-hearted, but one of the strongest people I know!
He was tender-hearted, but one of the strongest people I know!
For 12+ years he fought a long, hard battle with cancer.
He fought with every ounce of his being, sacrificing so much along the way.
It was not easy to give up good tasting food, countless doctors appointments- holistic
and modern, pokes, prods, and scans.
Through Priesthood blessings he was promised miracles because of
his faithfulness to the Lord.
Boy, did we witness that!
his faithfulness to the Lord.
Boy, did we witness that!
We were granted many extra years with Papa that
exceeded the doctors expectations time and time again.
exceeded the doctors expectations time and time again.
He knew what he needed to do, and he did it with exactness.
Even though we did end up losing him too early,
we know there is a loving Heavenly Father who is all knowing.
He has a plan, and I know Papa was willing to follow that plan.
The week leading up to his funeral was very special.
There was nothing better, being in a spiritual bubble together as a family.
Remembering and honoring one of our biggest heroes!
It was a hard goodbye, but I know his presence is near.
I think I could have stared at the display tables all day.
He was always a walking advertisement for the businesses he loved!
Even passed away in his Gunnels Tires shirt.
He was loved by many!
Our final goodbyes before closing the casket.
I could have sat and listened to stories all day about Papa!
Each one of his children gave a wonderful tribute about their Dad.
I knew he was amazing, but now I need to get cracking at living up to his name!
I knew he was amazing, but now I need to get cracking at living up to his name!
The grandchildren were brave and sang The Miracle.
Which is a tear jerker on its own!
I don't know how they did it.
Caravan to the new San Tan cemetery.
The temple en route couldn't have been more perfect.
In the shade, just how he liked it:)
And the fountain is so pretty, too.
It is hard to believe this day actually happened.
However, I see so much of him in Casey and our children.
Grateful for those little reminders until we get to be reunited again!
And we are grateful for our Grammy who loved, cared and advocated for
Papa, always. Her strength amazed us, and continues to amaze us.
Families are without a doubt forever.
Until we get to meet, hug, squeeze, kiss, play with you again!






No comments:
Post a Comment