We went to the lake with Jesse, Kristen and their family.
Since we own the boat together, it was high time we did a trip together!
It was a great day!
Until Casey took a turn wake surfing.
I was up at the front, deep in conversation with Kristen when Lindi came up
Until Casey took a turn wake surfing.
I was up at the front, deep in conversation with Kristen when Lindi came up
white as ghost saying dad had blood all over him and needed to stop.
I looked up to see him actively on the board surfing, no blood.
I assured her he was fine.
I assured her he was fine.
She kept persisting, so I followed her to the back to get a better look.
Sure enough you could see blood dripping from his ear.
Sure enough you could see blood dripping from his ear.
I waved at him to come in.
He seemed annoyed and that he was fine. Men!
I got him on the boat to get a better look.
The blood was already kind of clumping together.
The only clean water we had to wash it with was ice cold water bottles!
I didn't see it happen, but I guess when he wiped out the board flew
up and knocked him good in the head.
The bleeding had stopped, he wasn't in pain, so he insisted we kept going.
3 hours later, it was getting dark so we got off the water, grabbed dinner
and took the kids home to get ready for bed while we went to urgent care.
Once they started cleaning it up you could see the real damage.
The squirmy look on the nurses face said it all.
Almost completely sliced in half!
By a miracle we got the most amazing doctor!
She seemed to like us (maybe because we were "normal" compared to the other
She seemed to like us (maybe because we were "normal" compared to the other
people waiting their turn).
Usually she sends injuries like that straight to the hospital.
Usually she sends injuries like that straight to the hospital.
For some reason she had mercy on us and was confident she could stitch it just fine,
if not better than an ER doctor, so we got to stay!
if not better than an ER doctor, so we got to stay!
Bless you!!
We may or may not have disclosed that Casey was a hemophiliac.
Glad we didn't because I bet she would have changed her mind.
Glad we didn't because I bet she would have changed her mind.
All stitched up!
I cant remember how many, but I think upwards of 15?
I cant remember how many, but I think upwards of 15?
It was gnarly for a couple of weeks, but
happy to report his ear looks completely normal, phew!
happy to report his ear looks completely normal, phew!
Jesse and Kristen were sweet and left him a treat in the freezer for when we got home.
This crossing guard likes to dress up about once a week.
Funny how I get excited to see what she comes up with!
Funny how I get excited to see what she comes up with!
I see Casey's old truck here and there around town.
Every time I do I gasp because that truck has so many memories for us!
It was our first major purchase as a married couple.
He drove it for a solid 10 years.
It served us so well as a family and work vehicle.
It was our first major purchase as a married couple.
He drove it for a solid 10 years.
It served us so well as a family and work vehicle.
Just the sound of the exhaust brings back so many emotions!
I could hear it coming off of Broadway, which meant my stud muffin would soon be home.
I could hear it coming off of Broadway, which meant my stud muffin would soon be home.
Glad its still riding strong.
Rusty made the basketball team!
Tons of boys tried out, which isn't normal at his school.
Tons of boys tried out, which isn't normal at his school.
He was pretty worried he wasn't going to make it.
He did great considering he hasn't played in a couple of years.
He did great considering he hasn't played in a couple of years.
2 cuties.
Saturday chores
Then kept the ball rolling at Grammys.
We had our first ice cream night for the ward!
We were shocked at the response.
We had a steady line for almost 2 hours!
It was a perfect way to mingle with the ward and neighbors without
It was a perfect way to mingle with the ward and neighbors without
throwing a "party".
Rusty made his first project in wood working.
Us moms played hooky one morning during the week while kids were at school.
Bless Casey and his willingness to take some wild women to the lake!
I went floating down the river with friends!
Enough times I ended up buying my own paddleboard.
We went to a couple of Mesa High football games.
The girls took a cheer clinic with the Mesa High cheerleaders.
They were supposed to perform before the game.
Lane and his Mesa gear!
Grandpa still representing!
They canceled their performance because of lightening.
We all hustled to the gym to watch them there instead.
Casey was happy to sit next to President Postert on the back row and chat away the time!
A lady in our ward dropped off the coolest gift!
Earlier in the year she secretly got hand tracings of everyone in our family.
She even got clever enough to ask one of my young women to ask me for
my hand tracing for a school project!!
It is called a family history blanket.
On the back you write down everything significant that happens.
Like baptisms, ordinations and such.
The girls instantly grabbed it out of the bag and laid it on the floor finding
our hand prints.
People are so thoughtful!!
.jpg)











.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment