Our second half of the year is already ramped up and going strong!
Lane brought home one of his stained glass masterpieces.
Only, I had to dig it out of the trash!
How dare he just throw it away!
He must be my child, lol.
Any time I see him with band-aids on his fingers I ask, stained glass?
He nods, yep.
I guess those little pieces are sharp suckers!
The girls got back some single shots from their RED dance photoshoot.
They are basically teenagers all dolled up like that.
And dance makes them be very serious for some of the pictures, which is so opposite
of everything they drill in them during practice,
BIG SMILES!
Some of us gathered at the cemetery for Grandpa Jess' birthday!
Grandma doesn't make it out of the house very often anymore, so I bet she enjoyed
the field trip. I hadn't been in many years, so it was good for me as well.
Grape juice was his favorite thing.
Stephanie brought some for us to toast him a happy birthday!
The cutest lil old Grannies!
And funny enough, the quilt Charlotte has wrapped around her is
the one my great Grandma Evans made me when I was a baby!
We survived our very first dance competition!!
I repeat, WE SURVIVED OUR VERY FIRST DANCE COMPETITION!
These things are no joke.
We were there for 11 bloody hours.
Not to mention the hours it took beforehand to get them both ready.
In fact, I had to defer from running the half marathon because I didn't
In fact, I had to defer from running the half marathon because I didn't
have time to do both.
Little did I know I would be running a different kind of marathon that day.
The makeup, OH the makeup saga.
It was $200 after buying it all, woof.
And the video tutorial was 20 minutes long!
Lindi was freaking out that she looked funny.
(I was silently agreeing with her).
(I was silently agreeing with her).
Well, what did you think you were going to look like after
the 4th shade of eyeshadow?
I was seriously starting to wonder how all this makeup was going
I was seriously starting to wonder how all this makeup was going
to fit on their tiny face.
I can only layer, contour, and blend so much!
I can only layer, contour, and blend so much!
Her tears made long drip lines all the way down her face.
The base layer was so heavily caked on it was extremely noticeable, like Moses had parted
The base layer was so heavily caked on it was extremely noticeable, like Moses had parted
the sea with her face!
I tried my best to fill it in because there was no way I was starting over.
Then one cheek full of dewy blush in Chilly was higher than the other...
AGHH!
I think at one point I was so over it I yelled I DID'NT SIGN UP FOR THIS!
Which, I felt bad, but ultimately made her chill out, ha.
Lindi's time slot was first.
She had 2 dances, then luckily awards were pretty much right afterwards.
And honestly, if it wasn't in their dance contract we would have never stayed for them.
They made sure to warn us to stay for everything. Boo.
You could hardly hear the lady, everything sounded jumbled.
And they went on for eternity!!
How many flipping awards could there be?
Then it was Della's turn.
Their tap number Dancing Trollies is ADORABLE.
It's a mad dash to quickly change them.
The actual dancing part goes by quick.
It's the waiting around that is annoying.
We had 2 hours to kill before Della's awards.
We were way out in Queen Creek so not enough time to go home and back.
We found some dinner and hit up the Dollar store for random things for my nursey lesson.
Then back for some more boring awards.
Can't they just let ya know in an email??
Can't they just let ya know in an email??
I couldn't even tell you what they got or what the coveted award is.
That is a whole different language for me.
Pretty sure I swung through Dairy Queen on the
way home because we all earned a blizzard!
way home because we all earned a blizzard!
With a new church time of 11:30 nursery is a hit or miss on extra hungry or tired kids.
This particular day was quite comical.
It started out with this boy, who was a visitor, being a little sad.
I picked him up to hold him and within 1 minute he was out!
Tractor in hand and all.
I was kind of loving it, and took this picture to send to his grandma as a neener-neener.
Anna was holding down the fort pretty good until
the kid she was holding fell asleep as well!
the kid she was holding fell asleep as well!
We also had 2 new kids that day (twins) and we both were incapacitated
with snoozers.
I called for reinforcements.
Ashley had Isaac who is 1, so he got to play while mom held another baby.
It was a party that day!
It has been an extra cold winter.
I thought I might literally freeze to death at Rusty's baseball game.
Rusty got to go snowboarding with Travis, Weston and Collin... again!
If it weren't for them and their invitations each year he would still be on the bunny hills.
Scratch that, no hills at all!
Scratch that, no hills at all!
Casey and I aren't fond of the snow:/
Girls pedi day, woot woot!!
We started out as a group 10+ years ago that got together to watch the Bachelorette.
However, not much watching happens, it's mainly talking.
That little group with a silly show has really flourished into strong relationships, thanks Chris
That little group with a silly show has really flourished into strong relationships, thanks Chris
Harrison!
Now that we have older kids, we can squeeze in some fun day outings like
paddleboard down the river, going to the temple, or lunch.
paddleboard down the river, going to the temple, or lunch.
A few of us had some really hard things going on in life,
so we felt that warranted some pampering.
so we felt that warranted some pampering.
This thang came prancing in from running errands with the Whitmers like she
was a trendy teenager.
Soda in the crook of her elbow, lanyard and a hot to trot walk, wooowee!
Marcie deserves a medal.
Slumber party of the year right there!
She found left over sticker faces from a craft.
I think she is our most creative child.
I think she is our most creative child.
Or just a Kindergartner, hehe.

























No comments:
Post a Comment