The first half of February was working on all of Lanes
mission papers for submittal!
The icing on the cake was him ready to receive his patriarchal blessing!
We had been sitting back, waiting for him to tell us he was ready.
I never pushed or pressured him to get it earlier.
I wanted it to be on his terms and timing.
Pres. Murset gave him a powerful blessing.
It seemed very personalized and fit his character of who he already is.
I find myself reading it often.
So much peace and comfort
in the promises and blessings he can receive in his lifetime.
He is bound to do amazing things!!
We made his mission physical at his pediatricians office.
I died when he barely fit on the exam table!!
I remembered brining him to the same room when he was about 8 month old.
Those whale jammies were my favorite.
I never could have imagined how fast the time would go by these next 17 years
after this picture was taken.
I still can't even comprehend that he once was this little!!
His last stats, on the cute puppy paper.
Can I start crying now?!
The picture we submitted for his missionary portal.
The same picture that will pop up on a screen for his mission assignment with
the general authority.
And then also learned it will stay with him for the next 2 years!!
The joys of field trips!
Pretty sure Della's teacher rigged the drawing for
what parent got to go, ha!
I don't blame her, I should feel honored that she knew I would
be reliable and could manage the chaos!
Just wished I could have followed the bus in my car!
The Phoenix Children's science museum.
It was fun running into Ruby and Breanna who also were on their field trip!
Linid's country report about the Bahamas!
Another year of our Lip Sync battle!!
I think I like Valentines candy the best!
Trying to enjoy our Valentines date night but had
2 girls at home texting us non stop!
Not going to lie, we crushed our lip sync for Stephanies party!
We spent about 12 summers in a row going to Sea World as a family.
Just way more economical for a large family than Disneyland.
And in those 12 years, Sea World switched up their shows never.
We had them all memorized!
We busted out the Shamu Rocks night show ditty and it was a hit!!
Imagine you are listening to Lifehouse, You and Me.
It was like I was actually back at Sea World, there in person,
swimming with Shamu.
swimming with Shamu.
We won 1st place, thank you very much.
The kids did YMCA, but acted out their parents career.
And the tik tok rapping biblical peeps.
Casey had only 1 date for the daddy daughter dance as Lindi turned 12 and left
them for grander things.
I love getting texts from my kids at school saying something got stolen.
Ugh!
I must had been in a mood because I said NOT TODAY!!
Honestly, I was more bugged I would have to share my airpods
more than having to buy a new pair!
Luckily I had Rusty's airpods loaded in "find my" on my phone.
They were pinging way out at Higley High school, what the???
I kept watching them.
Sure enough they started traveling a little closer to home!
They stopped in a neighborhood not too far away.
With the help of officer Figueroa ( I love my police connections),
he looked up the address and possible
residents of who it could be.
He coached me on how to approach the house and what not to do!!
I got the first house wrong, it was an older man.
He said nobody at the house went to Higley High school, BUT
the kid next door was in the band at Higley, BINGO!
Long story short, the kid who answered the door was guilty as all gets out.
He said he didn't have airpods, but then told me to wait a sec.
Not going to lie I prayed he wasn't going to get a gun to shoot me!!
But then he came back with AIRPODS that he said he "found"
behind a desk at Seminary.
Lovely. Stealing at Seminary.
I guess he only goes to Mesa High for that, then Higley for the classes??
He seemed super nervous and probably thought a mom would
come pounding on his door!
I hope he learned his lesson.
Anywho, I was proud of myself and sent this picture captioned
VICTORY to Rusty!!
I really should be a detective.
Secret Valentine Dinner at Grammy's!

No comments:
Post a Comment