It was senior night for baseball.
Lanes last game.
His first game as a freshman seemed so long ago, and now it was over!
I wonder how many hours were spent on this field for him?
He lived his best life on the field.
It was his sport.
The one he looked forward to the most.
I can only imagine everything he was feeling!
If I didn't have 3 more years with Rusty playing, I would have been an absolute MESS!
The season was not one to brag about.
They didn't win very many games.
However, it was a perfect wrap-up and way to
celebrate his MANY years of playing baseball!
celebrate his MANY years of playing baseball!
He never missed a year since he was 5!
It kind of guts you thinking it's time to move on!
But he has so many wonderful things on the horizon that makes it a little easier.
The 4 seniors
Tears for everyone that came!
Lane doesn't show much emotion, but I KNOW people who
show up and root for him means the world to him!
Lane ane Jane.
Babies are his favorite.
A week later we had the baseball banquet.
It was basically a sports reception!
Thankfully I was in charge of food, because Abby killed in the
decoration department!
It was a special year.
The ONLY year these boys have ever played together!
They will never admit it, but I sensed they actually enjoyed it:)
Rusty receiving his awards.
He did so good on the JV team and was a key player!
So many awards and gifts for Lane!
Gifts are one of his love languages, so this was a killer night for him!
We joked that that may have only been the reason he played baseball, for
the senior gifts, lol!
Coach Roberts said wonderful things about each player.
He wrote a poem about baseball and even was emotional delivering his speech!
He wrote a poem about baseball and even was emotional delivering his speech!
We are super sad we only had him one year, and at that, he
would be switching schools next year.
I love my baseball loving boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment