While Casey and I were in CA for his birthday, Lane text saying
that his call had come!
I honestly thought it wouldn't get here until the following week,
so I was surprised!!
It was tricky as it was Spring Break.
He wanted to open it with as many family and friends as possible.
So he waited a whole week to open it!!
I would not have had that much strength to not peek!
He was adamant about waiting, and not opening it up with just our
family first.
He wanted to be surprised along with everyone else.
This is his thing.
His sacrifice, his decision to serve.
I respected whatever he wanted to do!
It was tricky trying to coordinate a time,
as many of his friends were opening theirs as well.
We didn't want to take away from them.
One of them being his best friend, Sawyer!
One of them being his best friend, Sawyer!
We were able to split the night with Sawyer.
He would open his first at his home, then an hour
later Lane would.
Talk about the best kind of time tetris!
We got everything set up so it was ready to go!
We headed over to the Perkins where Sawyer
opened his call to Xalapa, Mexcico!
opened his call to Xalapa, Mexcico!
He had already opened his with his family.
So he already knew where he was going.
Then the crowds starting shifting over to our house!
The map filling up with all of the guesses.
Then it was time!!
My heart was pounding at this point!
I was pretty zoned out while he was reading the opening part of his call,
there were so many people and I was trying to video.
Then he paused and read where he will be serving!
He didn't really know how to pronounce it...
all I heard was Calappa, Mexico.
To be honest I was trying to process Mexico.
That was one place I was hesitant to send one of my children!
That was one place I was hesitant to send one of my children!
I was also thinking what are the chances of both of them going to Mexico?!
Then he read he would report July 28th.
I could hear chattering, and then some yelling...
WAIT, THAT'S THE SAME MISSION AS SAWYER!!!
I think Lane wasn't registering it as well.
Sawyer came up to look at it.
He pronounced it wrong because, hello, Spanish names are hard to say correctly.
He pronounced it wrong because, hello, Spanish names are hard to say correctly.
IT WAS!!
Xalapa, Mexico!!
He butchered the "X", lol.
The exact mission, reporting on the exact same day!!
Everyone erupted with screams and excitement!!
I love these progression pictures of the whole moment.
This picture of me, my face says it all.
I was in complete SHOCK!!!
What are the chances of this happening?!
I have no doubt Heavenly Father is in the details on this.
How can we deny this is exactly where he needs to serve!
How can we deny this is exactly where he needs to serve!
My worries about sending him to Mexico quickly diminished.
It was such a happy evening with so many hugs going around !!
Elder Goodman has a nice ring to it!
Of course Lane is blurry in the one family picture
I tried to snap once the last person left.
I tried to snap once the last person left.
Lane said he was extra grateful he hadn't read his call beforehand.
Because when he went to Sawyers opening he would have had
to try to hold in that they got the same call!
It really did make Lanes opening that more special and exciting.
He was inspired!
All I know is that Mexico is getting 2 of the very best!
Hoorah for Israel!!









No comments:
Post a Comment