Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we spent it with the Goodmans. We went out to Casey's uncle and aunts new house in CasaGrande. They celebrate Arizona style so instead of turkey and potatoes, we ate mexican food. I guess they have been doing it this way for a long time but it was my first mexican Thanksgiving. The kid's ran wild while the girls talked and the guys played pool and crashed on the couches watching football. Lane was lucky and caught a ride on the tractor with papa.

I like Thanksgiving because the next day I actually get a husband at home for once. I have never done the black Friday shopping thing, but I went to the gym today and next door there is a Joannes fabric. I said "what the heck, I will go in really fast". Let me just say... there was some good deals. I got a lot of good stuff. Maybe next year I will attempt waking up early and brave the crowds and go shopping! Now it's time to bust out the christmas stuff, I can't wait!

20 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a good looking family! I don't know if I could do a mexican thanksgiving. I love all the traditional TG food too much. I'm excited to hang out next weekend.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Ohhh what a CUTE FAMILY!! (oh wait alyssa just said that). I spent a good 5 minutes looking at the family pic alone. I love that fiest tradition they have. Let's be honest...Mexican food it TOTALLY better thna a real turkey dinner right? I'm dying b/c Ridge has that same shirt Lane does. Except he stained it after the first time he wore it of course. We have lots of planning to do this week for Friday! (not tons but some) LET'S GO SHOP ONE MORNING!! I can do it Tues morning. U?

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I should have gone shopping with you. I went to Chandler Mall and didn't buy anything!!! I wasn't really looking for anything in particular though. Glad you got to have some time to yourself :-) Talk to you soon!

Brandis said...

that was so much fun!!! it was my first Mexican thanksgiving too and we brought home TONS of leftovers today. I need my traditions though so I'm cooking a turkey tomorrow night though, you guys wanna join us? :) I'm working on uploading all my pics so I can send out a link. I got a really cute one of Lane w/Randy on the tractor. Oh, and me & Shirley & Kelly went shopping at 6:30. crazy but fun and we got some GOOD deals! :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

missed you today missy. you up for tues morning around 9ish to hit target?? ridge and i will pick you and lane up then and we'll go.

Goodman Family said...

What?! Who has mexican food for thanksgiving? Looks like you had fun.

The McKnights said...

How fun for Lane to have gone on a ride on the tractor! I love the big family picture! Did Jesse's wife have another baby? And is Melinda married?!?

the waites said...

I would have loved that Thanksgiving... I could eat Mexican for every meal!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Looks like such a fun Thanksgiving. Glad you liked the hot fudge. Brett's aunt is the queen of baking and I get all my recipes from her. I did get some dark in my hair and I'm still trying to decide if I like it. I feel like it makes me look paler. Oh well, something different.

SunGood said...

Hey!! That pic is cute! I need a copy!! How is Lane's teething goin?? Glad you guys had a good weekend!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

why don't you steel my pictures and do your own post on the shower?? come on...i'm helping you be a good blogger. HEEHEE. and by the way- i would have never put that picture of you talking if i didn't have a good one of you-BUT I DO!!! BOYYA!
where was lane and kaycee today? you were a loner...
brett said your camera broke and you were soooo mad. okay i added that part.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

right click on the pictures you want from my blog and save them to your computer. and then just retreive them when you post!! SUPER EASY!!! DO IT NOOOOW.

Brandis said...

I was just looking at the group picture again and I think you guys could be a toothpaste ad. Lots of pretty teeth in the goodman clan.

Unknown said...

We know that you are the one keeping up this blog Casey

Shelley Goodman said...

You better believe it Britton! Come on chicken, scared to post pictures of yourself?

SunGood said...

Cute Christmas card! You go girl you are on the ball!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

lamo...we want LANO!!!

SunGood said...

Ya we did! They are so cute!

Mary Anne said...

Okay...what's up with me leaving AZ and all the babies growing up and being SO CUTE! Lane is adorable...maybe we can see you guys at Christmas sometime. I sure missed you guys at Thanksgiving...it just wasn't the same up here in Utah.

Mary Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.