Being caught up in all the summer fun, I have forgotten how our little family life can require so much time and energy! The sad thing is; is that it's not really my time or energy, it's
THIS GUYS:
Both our vehicles were in need of a major hose down. I was planning on taking mine to the car wash at the beginning of the week. Next thing I know, Case had it backed out of the garage and was giving it a nice detail and wax that took about 3 hrs of work when finished. I of course was grateful but didn't think too much of his hard work until Monday night rolled around. We were leaving Golden Spoon, he could see the clouds coming in. We booked it to the car hoping to beat the storm and get her tucked in the garage before the rain hit. Almost made it...1/2 mile too slow. Instead of complaining he just got some rags out and started to wipe her clean again.
Sunday our computer informed us that there were hundreds of viruses and trojans that have taken over ( pretty sure I am to blame). Since I am an invalid when it comes to fixing anything or even knowing where to start to fix things, I kindly passed the torch to Casey to take care of it. Off he goes to the computer room. Meantime, I do things around the house, watch Time Line on whether to vaccinate your children, take a shower. Now it 11pm. I go into the office and Casey is slumped over in the chair, lights fully on, sound asleep. I tap him on the shoulders and told him to wake up. He popped up quickly like nothing had just happened and started typing some random letters on the computer and hit enter! Haha. I told him to stop and just go to bed because clearly he was hallucinating. I left him be and come to find out he went to bed at 2am after it was all fixed and woke up at 3:30 to go to work.
Tuesday Lane randomly started a fever around noon and was throwing up. A fun unexpected surprise to add to your week! His fever ended up getting to 104 so I decided to take him into Twilight after hours since he was pretty lethargic and couldn't stop shaking from his high temp. As I am loading him into the car and strap him in his seat he starts throwing up. CRAP! I knew that was the last thing I wanted to smell for days and remember, Casey JUST cleaned it a few days prior! So I start catching it in my hands and chucking it out the door onto the garage floor till he is all done! Of course felt so bad for Lane because he was MISERABLE but I must say I was pretty darn good about not getting any in the car! Casey is gone during all this doing his churchy duties so I text him telling where I was going. I felt bad having him come down since he was still sleep deprived from the previous night and thought he could finally catch up on some good Z's. Being the good dad that he is, he of course came down and waited the 2 hours with us. Lane just slept on his lap the whole time and I know Lane was grateful that he was there too! I could have taken the sweetest picture of the two of them asleep in the waiting room but I spared Casey the embarrassment that time!
you know he must have not felt well because he NEVER just
sleeps on the couch like this!
my other sleeping beauty
Casey usually wont go to bed without me. I am a night owl so
this is where he spends the first hour or so of his sleep.
(can you tell which couch we favor most?)
Casey truly is my saving grace! Not only does he do wonderful things for us, he defiantly keeps us laughing with his goofy personality and puts all the fun into our family. Most of you may not believe me because of his shyness (I think it's an act to fool everyone) but it's true! Ask any of his sisters, they will tell you the same thing! He loves to get a rise out of anybody that he can. The best is when it works with his sister Valerie and she starts to beat him up...literally! She is the only person I know that can do that! His laugh while she has him in a choke, pinch hold is comical!! I have learned that the way to his heart is by having home made baked anything in the kitchen when he get's home from work or by kind words or deeds of affection through out the day. He constantly is giving me the giggles and I wish everybody could see what a laid back, fun loving guy that he is! We just love him so much!
13 comments:
That was a sweet post. Sounds like life's been crazy for you guys. I hope Lane is feeling better. I wish I could've seen you guys while we were there. Hopefully Christmas time, but no guarantees because it's so expensive.
We all love your Casey! He's the best, and he does fool everyone by being so quiet. He's really not!!
I hope Laners is feeling better about an hour ago I called home and mom called Lane into the den and put the phone up to his ear but he wouldn't talk to me haha oh well I love him anyways
AMEN! I love your Casey too! I am so happy that you are grateful for him!! Hope Lane is feeling better so we can play next week!
Ok, the same thing happened to OUR computer! I was online when suddenly there were a ton of pop ups saying I had trojan viruses all over the computer and I freaked and waited til Trav got home to fix it. That was the same day I was sick, so when he got home from school, he took Collin so I could sleep all afternoon, then he fixed the computer and cleaned the nasty kitchen. This was all last Wednesday.I almost did a post just like yours to thank him for taking care of me, haha. And it turned out, I didn't have any trojan viruses, instead it was malware that was pretending I had viruses so I would sign up for their "protection plan" and then it would just take my money and invade my computer that way. SCARY. Anyway, yea for Casey and good husbands!
Ohh such a sweet post and tribute to a great husband. This seriously made me awnt to go hug and kiss brett and tell him how thankful i am for all the wonderful things he does for our family!!
I'm all teary eyed! SHELLZ we just got internet so I will be sending your fam pics soon...sorry I haven't already! I LOVE YOU! Holy cow you look so good!
Your post is so true! You have such a wonderful husband. He is not nice to my husband but I know its just because he loves him so much hehehehe.
Hope all is well!!!!!!!
Very sweet Miss Shelley. Yeah for good ads and hubbys!!! PS I want that recipe for the sammys or whatever they are called. thanks for texting me last night. sorry we couldn't make it. we need to hang out one of these days. I hope you enjoyed some bottomless fries for me ....mmmmm honey poppyseed sauce.
Do you rent him out? That was a really sweet post, and I'm glad Laners is on the mend! Fun having lunch last week.
What a great husband! I don't know anybody's husband who takes the time to detail their cars. That was brave of you to keep it clean by catching the barf. What I would have given to see that. Let's just say, been there, done that. :)
Im always so sad when paisley gets sick :( but it's fun to snuggle and take care of them ! yay for your nice husband to help out; that makes it easier!
That was a great post. I try not to take advantage of Linc being willing to help me but sometimes it doesn't work. :) I'm sure Casey feels just as lucky to have you as you do to have him!
Looks like you guys have been busy this summmer! The california vacations are the best. I love that my inlaws live there so we always have a reason to go!
Yeah it seems like we are always getting together around someones birthday. Mine isnt till May, so not for a while. We will have to get together some other time.
PS. Your hair is getting so long, I love it and you look great.
Catching barf in your hands and missing the car? You are SOOO talented! Spanks for husbands!
Post a Comment