Monday, January 23, 2012

I {heart} our families!


During Christmas break my family (minus missionary David) had our pictures taken. In my family this happens very rarely. Usually about every 5 yrs. Up until a year ago the big picture above the fireplace in my moms living room was taken when I was 12!

I thought they turned out superb (thank you Kacy Hughes Photography) and hopefully these pictures can take place of the Contempo studio shot with the Limited overalls and Mervyn's adorned attire.





Can you tell this was one of the last shots? Restless kids means sunglasses and suckers!


I think both Casey's and my family are pretty great. I couldn't ask for better grandparents or aunts and uncles or cousins for my kids to have in their lives. We pretty much hit the jackpot in the family department. Just like all families, we have our highs and lows but we always remain close through it all.

Did you know that both sets of our parents are friends with each other? I think that is just about the neatest thing! I also think its crazy that both of our dads are serving as bishop at the same time. Even though Casey and I do not live at home anymore, I without a doubt believe that our little family is being blessed by our dads faithfully serving as Bishops in their wards. There humility and sacrifice for serving the Lord brings tears to my eyes. They are wonderful men. They are wonderful examples. They are just wonderful! As are our moms. They sacrifice and serve just as much. It takes a strong woman to be a Bishops wife, and that is what they are! I think they need to make a reality show called Bishop's Wives and air it on BYU tv:)

(this is the only picture I have of everybody on the Goodman side. I turned it into a mouse pad to give to my MIL for xmas)



No comments: