Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Last Half Of July



I turned 29 (insert mid life crisis). I told Casey that for my thirtieth I will  need to be in a "happy" place, literally, or else I might just be on the floor all day long. I said Hawaii might do the trick.

I did have a great birthday! The boys surprised me with a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Pets n Robins. Which really is Baskin Robins. That's what Lane calls it for some reason. Then they were off to play with cousins all day while Casey and I spent some quality quiet, NO KIDS time together.


We went to Oceanside CA! It's funny how we go to the same place every year but each trip brings different fun, new things.

My mom, the social bug that she is, meet this older couple at church and started to chat and the next thing we know we were invited over to their beach mansion for waffles with some of their married kids. It was a hoot. I don't have any pictures (didn't want to seem like tourists) but it was amazing. I think our parents are life long friends now, ha!


Harbor Fish n chips


Many, many hours on the beach! Lane is a pro boogie boarder.





Jefferson's friend Ryker came with us as well as Griffen, Craigs friend.


This is probably our 20th trip to Sea World...and it never gets old!


However, I do not do the rides. Because you get soaked. I hate being wet and damp all day. Worst feeling in the world. So I take the pictures. I love how Stephanie has no idea what's about to hit them. She is waving happily at the camera while my dad spots Casey at the water gun machine with a pocket full of quarters. Yep that's right Jefferson, you know exactly what's about to go down.


SOAK CITY! I love that Griffen thinks the wet-er the better.


until the ride ends.


and the sun starts to go down and in California it is chilly at night.

but our little family stayed dry and warm.


More beach time!


the second Rusty would get wet he would strip naked until his suit dried out then he would put it back on. That was his constant cycle all week. Needless to say his bum line isn't so contrast anymore:)




Pizza on the beach for the last night.

Farewell meal at Phil's before the drive home.

It was a great trip as always!

6 comments:

S and B H. said...

Super fun!!! We didn't go to the beach once this summer :( After reading your post I am really bummed about it...next year! Glad you had a great summer!

Stephanie Evans said...

Happy birsday!! Your hair looked really pretty! You need to blog more about your shopping/movie getaway!

Haha, I love the Sea World pics of us on the Rapids ride! I need to add those. That was so fun, haha! And Casey drenching us was fun too! Time to go back to Cali. For realsies.

This makes me miss the fam. Good thing Labor Day is soon!

marcie said...

Oh California.... best week of the year! I think we need to wear our matching shirts and have a twinners day... I have some blue skinnies so you can wear your teal ones and we will be set! haha we need to start planning all the fun we will have for Labor Day now I'm excited to have the fam back together again for a weekend!! PS I love my hair spank you you're the best

martanna said...

You're killin me here! You guys always have the best time! Your family is the best!
I LOVE the sisters pic....probably my fave! Gorgeous ladies!
Oh any Rusty is my second favorite child, next to Claire of course. He cracks me up! Although Lane probably ties him with his Pets n Robins-thats hilarious!
Love these little insights to your life!
Miss you and love you and....we will see you Labor Day weekend toooo!!!

MichelleY said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you guys had fun fun in Cali....makes me miss the beach :)

jake and jenni said...

I love reading about family vacays. Especially on the beach.
I love that Rusty runs around with his manhood fully exposed. hehe.
That sister pic is so darling.
Is it bad that i covet your bodies?
In a completely normal way, of course.
{not to be confused with the creeper way}

I agree that 29 is scary and you should definitely plan to be in a happy place to celebrate it.
Mid life crisis ahoy.
{ya, I said ahoy}
enjoy 29!!!!!