Tuesday, May 6, 2014

We went to Hawaii! Day 1

 
 
For our 10 year anniversary we celebrated with a week in Hawaii!
To say it was awesome is an understatement.
This trip will be tough to top.
We started planning way in advance for it.
Like 8 months in advance.
It was so far in the future that it was kind of tucked back in my mind.
When the week before we left actually came it didn't seem real!
I was a mad woman trying to get all the laundry done, clean the house, back our bags.
And of course 2 days before we left Lindi came down with a fever.
I was kind of freaking out because of her last episode with a high fever
and a trip to the ER and no answers.
I took her to the doctor to find out that it was an ear infection.
I silently shouted hooray that that's all it was and I didn't have to play
the guessing game on her sickness.
Sad, I know.
But the next day rolled around and she seemed way worse.
She had a super sad voice and cry that sounded all broken up and scratchy.
A super runny noise and cough...plus her fever was still there.
Just to make sure and calm my fears I took her back into twilight hours.
Our flight was at 8am the next morning and I still had a ton to do.
The doctor reassured me she would be fine.
She had a cold virus on top of her ear infection and it would just take time.
 
I was never worried about our kids care while we were gone.
Marcie, my mom, Casey's mom and sister were all lined out to watch them.
 Sunday morning rolled around and we left bright and early for the airport.
I was trying sooo hard to leave my guilt and worry behind.
This was the longest we have ever left home without our children.
And with a super sick baby, I was dying!!
But of course once we got on the plane I was getting really excited!
 
These pictures were cracking us up!
We are not the best at selfies!
Casey hates getting his pictures taken.

Trying to get him to smile.
 
Awe, a little better:)

We flew on Hawaiian Air which is the way to go!
It is the only airline that still offers complementary meals.
We were served breakfast.
And that was our first taste of aloha for a whole week.
Love me some Hawaiian food!


Getting ready to land on Oahu!!
 
 We arrived at 11:30 am.
We gained lots of time because Hawaii is 3 hours behind AZ time.
We picked up our rental for the week.
It was a cute car. A Chrysler 200.
Makes me wish I could have a small car to zip around in.
 

 We then drove into Waikiki to our hotel.
Deciding on where to stay was hard!
I really wanted to stay on the North Shore.
I love it there and it feels more like paradise.
But the only hotel on the North Shore is Turtle Bay and it is $$$
I looked into renting a beach house/condo but I didn't
 want to end up in a sketchy place, either.
Waikiki is crowded but well known and a popular place to stay.
Plus I figured there would be lots of places to eat,
 get late night ice cream or whatever.
So I started looking up places to stay and that was a hard decision, too!
Finally after reading lots of reviews, asking around I decided on the Outrigger Reef!
There are 7 hotels that are beach front in Waikiki and ours
 was the last one on the west end.
When we pulled up I knew it was a great place!



 
Past the pool you keep walking and this is the entrance to the beach.
To the left is really fun, yummy restaurant called the Shore Bird.
Marcie had told me about this place when she went on her honeymoon.
I had it on our check list of places to eat and low and behold it was
apart of our hotel and I didn't even know it!
 
We were starving so we decided to go in and eat.
It was awesome dining beach side with no windows and the breeze blowing in.
I wish the picture wasn't so glared.

We then walked around the shopping strip of Waikiki for a bit.
It kind of reminded me of Vegas..
Lot's of shopping and LOTS of Asians!!
Holy cow, I didn't know China was that close to Hawaii.
We had to start the trip with some coconut, macadamia nut chocolates.
These things are GOOD!
When you buy 3 bags you get a free gift.
That carrying bag. Ha!
And we ate those 3 bags, GONE!
I wish we had ABC stores in AZ!

And this is us walking and exploring our surroundings.
 

 
We were bushed because of traveling all day and the time change
 so we called it quits and went to bed at 8!
But gear up for LOTS more pictures.
I might have to take this one day at a time.
 
 
 


No comments: