Lets get real, who calls their mom, mother?
Nobody!
It should be called mom day.
And we should say it like how our kids say it.
By either screaming it at the tops of our lungs,
or repeatedly over and over again:)
Casey was sitting in ward council when they were trying figure out
what the Mothers Day gift should be.
He had heard enough of my complaining over years past about how we don't
want a bookmark.
Or a terracotta pot with forget me not seeds.
Or pamphlets on how wonderful mothers are.
Duh, of course we know what good moms we are!
All we want is CHOCOLATE!
Or an edible treat we don't have to share.
Ideas were thrown around and I think worried for my wrath
he decided to volunteer to take care of the Mothers Day treats.
They gave him full reigns... but of course it had to gluten free:)
We brainstormed lots of ideas and then I saw an idea on pinterest.
Rice Krispies cut into the shape of a flower on a stick dipped in almond bark.
It was edible, gluten free and had chocolate on it.
How hard could that be?
Well, we found out it takes a lot of ingredients to make 120
thick flower shaped rice krispie treats.
And we learned it takes 6 hours to make 120 flower shaped rice krispie treats.
This was about 4 hours into it.
He hates pinterest now.
Really, Casey takes the award for sticking with it and making them all.
I was in and out most of the time and really only helped frost and bag them.
They did turn out super cute though.
It was a labor of love.
And hopefully it brought a smile to each of their faces.
Next year we will let the High Priests be in charge:)
There were some left over so we decided to take them to the single ladies
that live on our street. There are 6 of them! I had a picture but I erased it by
accident, I am so mad!!!
I think it brightened their day and the boys thought it was super fun.
I tried to get a picture with the people that made me a mom but we all know
the attention span kids have!
And my aunt MaryAnne emailed me this.
What a fun thing to cherish.
I am thankful for all the wonderful women in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment