Wednesday, September 17, 2025

Christmas Spectacular





We woke up to everything dusted with SNOW!
It took the Christmas nostalgia up 100 notches!

Word on the street was that it had not snowed that early in years.
We must have brought good luck with us!


It made our walk to Central Park feel like a literal winter wonderland!

 

















Gotta love the street vendors!





Central Park with slick, icy grounds is not for the faint of heart!
People were slipping and falling left and right!

Pretty sure a guy fell and broke his wrist right in front of us.


We persevered, with caution, to see how far we could go without
crashing and burning!

The scene in Home Alone 2 where Kevin slips and hits his head
trying to escape from the robbers isn't far off!

It truly is a beautiful park!
I can only imagine what it is like when it is green and lush!





The Plaza Hotel in the background.








This is funny.
Casey legit thought I was a homeless person in front of him from my 
ripped pants, HA!

He's not wrong, I guess they do like pretty tattered  back there.
So much for a fashion statement!








It was cute watching kids sled down mini hills.






A famous fountain that I can't remember the name of.





Power walkers.
Kristen and I were half frozen, trailing behind them!





Our reward for braving the cold, 
waiting in another ridiculous line for over hyped/trending
on instagram hot chocolate!


We heard more than a few times husbands saying to their wives,
"Are you happy now? You got your picture with the hot chocolate, lets go!"

The things we do... I love it so much!!








They are popular for their toasted marshmallow cup rims.
We were watching them make them.
It's not rocket science, but its crazy how things blow up 
and go viral!! They are making a killing off of
nothing fancy. It's all in marketing. 









We walked around the upper East Side.
You don't see mail delivery like this anymore!






Some of the subway performances you get.
All this guy did was have these motorized dancing cats moving to music while he played
his Saxophone. 
Not going to lie, it was pretty entertaining!
 





We had a couple of hours until our next stop, so we split up for a bit.
They went shopping, while I wanted to check out the inside of
St. Patricks cathedral. 

Low and behold, a special Christmas mass was just about
to start!!

I LOVE going to different church services.
I find them so interesting!

I think Casey for once would rather have gone shopping!
But we found ourselves a pew and got comfy!
















Time for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall!!!
A New York Christmas time MUST!!

It truly was spectacular!

However, half way through I hit a wall and wanted to lean over and
take a quick snooze.
All of our going and going caught up to me, plus it was dark.

I guess they all felt the same way, ha!





No pictures were allowed, but I had to TRY to sneak a couple.
These ladies are so talented, and I envy their flexibility!










We caught our second wind from our power naps and
felt the rush with the crowds!

So much energy in this city!







Of course, per tradition, we ended the night with food.
Lots of yummy food!











 

No comments: