Our faithful sandwich maker!
Oh how I appreciated him doing this every morning.
He would pack the lunches while I managed the kids.
It was a busier morning as we needed to check out and load the car.
This house doesn't look like much, but it was surprisingly very comfortable
and fit us perfectly.
We had checked marked off the West and North portions of Yellowstone.
Time to hit the East! Which meant it was hopefully wildlife day!!
There were 2 different spots we could gamble to see animals.
Lamar Valley or Hayden Valley
We had differing answers on which would be best from google, to people we asked.
They were too far apart from each other to hit both, so we made a choice!
Lamar Valley was the gamble, so away we went!
I must say, this day was the most beautiful day as far as scenery went!
We drove up some windy, hilly roads into the mountains that felt like
we were in Switzerland!
When we saw cars parked on the side randomly,
we knew to start looking for 4 legs and fur!
we knew to start looking for 4 legs and fur!
People trying to get selfies were also funny to watch!
The only bear we saw!
There are no "Here are the animals" sign or location.
Or any guarantees there would be wildlife!
Or any guarantees there would be wildlife!
We were being vigilant as we got closer to Lamar Valley.
Then all of a sudden, we saw a bunch of brown dots in the distance!
HUNDREDS of them!!
They were on the move and going fast!
We screeched to a halt and ran over to see what we could see!
Of course the boys turned into outback content wranglers!
Phones out and running really close to them!
As they were getting too close to my liking, I started
yelling for them to come back.
(There were lots of baby bison and I wasn't sure how protective the mamas would get)
As I was doing this, a saw a whole different family out of the corner of my eye, with little kids.
Charging in the same direction as the boys!
Video camera blazing!
They paused and looked at me as if they weren't sure to obey or not, lol!
I made Casey go get them, their faces says it all.
It really was so cool!
We found another nice picnic spot off the side of the road.
Let them run up some hills to burn off some energy.
Casey got pulled over for going too fast in a construction zone.
It was a super young kid, who looked like he just
graduated from Jr Rangers that morning.
You could tell he was really nervous and probably his first pull over.
He gave some spiel about not wanting to ruin our Yellowstone experience
so Im going to let you off with a warning.
Haha, thank you sir.
You are too kind.
Potty break and pit stop
at Towers in the Air waterfall.
Our last stop is called the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.
It has a lower falls and upper falls
I believe this was the upper falls.
This by FAR was my most favorite of all of Yellowstone!
If people were to ask me what not to miss, it would be this!
Getting down to the lookout spot was a bit more than I expected.
It was mainly a steep hill with lots of switchbacks.
It was mainly a steep hill with lots of switchbacks.
I didn't bring any water because I didn't think it would be a big walk.
I was nervous I would have to carry Della out.
I don't think any of us expected to see what we saw.
So unbelievably breathtaking!!
So unbelievably breathtaking!!
We made it out alive!
Our time had come to an end.
It was a fast and furious tour, but we accomplished a lot!
It was a fast and furious tour, but we accomplished a lot!
We hit the last portion by exiting South Yellowstone
on our drive to Wyoming.
on our drive to Wyoming.
There isn't a lot of touristy things to do in the area.
It seemed like this was where the camping and fishing happened.
It seemed like this was where the camping and fishing happened.
It felt more just like being in the woods.
A shot of the Tetons on our way to Jackson Hole.
Crazy to have 2 different National Parks so close to each other!
We stopped for burgers and ice cream in Jackson
before making it to home sweet Wyoming home!
before making it to home sweet Wyoming home!
No comments:
Post a Comment