Friday, November 27, 2009

These Are The Moments...

... that we have been waiting for the last 9 months! Rusty James arrived on November 24th at 7 in the morning weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches long. He is just the sweetest boy and we can't get enough of him!













The hospital wasn't allowing any children under the age of 12 to visit. Since we had a parking lot view my mom brought Craig to take a peek at Rusty through the window. We thought about bringing Lane but figured he would get mad that he couldn't come in and be with us so we just waited till we came home for their first time seeing each other.




As you can see Lane is the best big brother, always wanting to hold "it" or giving Rusty kisses.




I think I have another thumb sucker on my hands!


Since Rusty came 2 days before Thanksgiving, that meant he was just in time for his first family gathering! We snuck over for a bit to eat a yummy lunch (for Rusty a nice nap tucked inside Grammy and Papa's closet) and to take family pictures.




We truly are thankful for this little guy and are excited to start another chapter in our family!

27 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

YAY! I've been DYING to see a new post about the new baby. Congratulations!!! He's super cute and you look GREAT! Hope you're getting enough sleep ;)

Brandis said...

He's such a cute little guy! I love all the pics! It was good to see you Thursday. :)

Anonymous said...

He is so precious!!! I can't wait to meet him! Call me when things settle, I'd love to bring you guys dinner! Love ya!!
:Andrea:

Tyler and Bryna said...

oh i'm so excited for you!!! You have the sweetest family!!! You look wonderful!!

jake and jenni said...

Let's be honest...your new header is simply adorable! You have talent beyond words. Also, you have the most handsome little boys...sickening...maybe it is because even though you had delivered a baby only hours before those pics were taken, you still look perfect. Beautiful family. I am coming by sometime soon. I'll call you Monday. ;)

Stephanie Evans said...

Ohhhh, he's just so sweet! I love the pic of Craig peeking throught the window. Too funny. Your new header with girls 1 boys 3, is hilarious. You are quite outnumbered. It was fun to see Rusty on Skype. He looked big until I saw the pic of him in his car seat. What a peanut! I can not wait to see him in person!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! How exciting. You totally did what I did last year, two days before Thanksgiving, getting out of the hospital in time for the feast. Great name, I love Rusty!

Lisa G. Hogle said...

Congratulations! He looks like a cutie! I love the name! I am amazed how fast you got your blog updated... and it is so stinkin' cute!

Claydens said...

Congrats! He is so adorable and I LOVE his name! You look so pretty after giving birth,how did you manage that? have fun with your boys!

The Gunnell's said...

Congrats!!! I've been waiting for this post! He is so adorable too!! Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys! We can bring over a meal anytime too!

Mary Anne said...

I was so happy we were there to meet him! So handsome...and you look great Shelley!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Love him!! Lane is the best big brother! I want to have Lane over to play on Thursday and Friday. I will pick him up---I'll call ya!

Amber Howard said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! He is adorable! And you look amazing!!

Adam and Jess said...

You just had Rusty and your whole blog seems different already. You are on the ball. How do you make a header like that? I obviously don't know a lot about blogs to do stuff like that. I can't believe you were up for taking family pictures too, good for you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Kristen Arnett said...

Congratulations, Shelley! He's so cute and tiny! I love that super soft brown blanket too! Send me your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog. {Not that I update it or anything...} :)
karnett17@yahoo.com

Kristen Arnett said...

P.S. Tell Steph to invite me to her blog. :)

ashley wright said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is such a sweetie ! I love his name too :)
Hope all is going well for you guys!

Alyssa said...

You go girl! All I could think while seeing those family pics is you were probably so sore and wanting to lay down. maybe not though. he's adorable. I'm so happy for you guys.

bettina said...

congratulations!! he's a doll! hope you are feeling well and enjoying your boys!!

Laura said...

he is perfect!! congrats! you look great by the way:)

Stu and Alyssa said...

Shelly he is so cute! How fun to have another baby around. We miss being in that ward and seeing you guys.

Stu and Alyssa said...

Shelly he is so cute! How fun to have another baby around. We miss being in that ward and seeing you guys.

Stephanie said...

Very sweet! Congrats on your little baby...he's cute.

Breanna and Martin said...

YAY for the new look and the new babe!
Shell, I have some WAY CUTE pics of you guys. I need to edit them and get them over! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcie said...

awh I just love baby Rusty thanks for letting me hold him lots before I had to leave!! I can be the designated baby holder over christmas too if you want :) I had fun with Lane also he cracks me up Can't wait to see you guys soon!

marcie said...

p.s.
I screamed
:) haha

hairprincess said...

Oh my goodness I kept checking and checking your blog for some cute pics of this little guy! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you guys he is perfect I wana come see him sometime I miss you guys and that fun ward!:( Hope its not long before we see you again!