Besides Christmas, oranges are about the only other exciting thing about winter to me. One day I will live on an orange orchard... I promise! Yes, even if I live in a scorpion infested home because of all the orange trees, I don't care! Ok, maybe the scorpions would win but at least give me a tree or two, that's all I need!
Lane and I went pickin at my cousin Jill's house (which by the way is in orange tree heaven). Such big beautiful navels they were! Lane wore his best clothes for the occasion. I knew I should have never shown him those 2 dollar rain boots from Goodwill until we actually make it to the snow! Thanks Jill for sharing the love:)

After polishing off our first finds we made way to Grandma and Grandpa Kerby's backyard... another orange heaven on earth. Casey taught me something new that day. I never knew that navels had a hole in the bottom of them! Like the hole in your belly button or aka navels! I feel so smart now.


These next pictures are just what's been going on at our home. Lane has started a little pre-preschool group once a week. He LOVES going to miss Gina's every Tuesday. The first day he learned about the letter A. Since he was so excited about what he made in class we taped it on the fridge. It's funny because I SWORE I would never be one of those moms that saved "art" projects from school and had a Christmas tree full of homemade school ornaments. I guess I am just one proud mama:)

Little Rusty boy is still as cute as ever and is strong I might add. He already has developed a talent of rolling over from his stomach to his back. No joke! I wish it weren't true. The first time he did it I thought it was a fluke accident but nope, he does it all the time. He is always smiling up a storm and loves to watch Lane run around and play. He is 10 weeks old and at his doctors appointment last week he weighed 10lbs 8oz. Oh, and we can't forget to mention that we are sleeping through the night now!!!!!!

Valentines day has always been a favorite of mine. I hear a lot of people say how over rated this holiday is. How could you not love all the love that's in the air?! Every year I try to add to my V-day decor so I made this banner

I was also excited that Lane got to make valentines for his preschool friends. I remember how fun it was to exchange valentines in my school classes growing up. Going through the class list, giving the best ones to your close friends and making sure not to give the mushy ones to the nerdy boys so they wouldn't think that you liked them. Lane chose Car valentines... a good choice since he loves that movie.

I got the best Valentines gift ever this year. Her name was Graciela. Graciela came over for 5 1/2 hours and cleaned all my ceiling fans, blinds and bathrooms. I think this will be my Valentines day gift every year! I did feel a little guilty at the beginning sitting in a chair feeding Rusty and watching her clean when I am totally capable of doing it myself. It is so nice though knowing that I don't have to worry about that for a while. I originally had her come over for the fans and blinds since I haven't touched them since, well never. The bathrooms were an added bonus. She even cleaned the light bulbs! Bless you Graciela and bless you Casey for the most awesome gift! Since Valentines Day was on Sunday we spent the weekend doing the things we love most: bowling, eating corn dogs at the park, going out with friends Jenni and Jake, wedding receptions, making sugar cookies (twice:), all you can eat pizza buffet and watching the Olympics!







12 comments:
Aww I just LOVE this! You are so sweet! And I cant believe how fast Rusty is growing up. And all of your valentines are just so handsome! I hope you had a good V-day! Love ya!
Ok, so I think what must be happening is... you start a post, then save it without publishing and then when you do publish it a day or two later, it doesn't show up on my Update list because it's always "outdated" so to speak. And that's why I miss some of your posts! Did that makes sense? Although I guess it's only Monday and you posted on Friday, so that's not really "missing" it per say... ANYWAY really really cute KISS sign. My V-day decor sucks. Did you just start messing around on Picnik? I like the black and white, faded one of the boys carrying bags of oranges. I'm with you on the people that don't like Love Day. Why be a hater?! And SERIOUSLY Rusty is sleeping through the night? It's hard not to dispise you for that one. I'm just insanely jealous. Crazy that he's rolling over. Collin was seriously like 5 months before he did that.
Let me start by saying...your Kiss sign is SOOOO cute! I think that design is perfect.
Also,You really just learned that oranges with holes are navels? I feel as though I failed you during our popcorn and oranges days.
I am so happy rusty is sleeping now. How many nights did he need to cry it out?
K, never mind. I went back and looked and your blog was on my update list... anyway.... what did you hear about CA and UT? We are still coming to Cali. Trav was just trying to decide if he would leave early to go to this dental thing in UT that was scheduled that same Friday. If was a different week, I would have gone too to see old roomies, but there was no way I'd give up sun, beach, and family, so we are still in!
Can Rusty and Lane be my valentines too!!?? That picture was so cute, I love picnik. And is it sad that when I read the part about the navel, it suddenly made sense in my mind too haha! Also I want matching rain boots like Lane, he is so cool.
SHELLLLLEY! Yay for love posts!!! I must say that Rusty is getting way too handsome! Seriously though...he has changed A TON and I don't think he is allowed to be that cute! I wish you guys could have come, I can't wait til you do!
GREAT job on the photo editing!! They all look really good! We love and miss you!
Cute Valentines pictures! I can't believe your baby is rolling over already! Crazy!!!
Howard you like a big fat kiss??? HAHA knock knocks are big around here.
Cute post! I love VDAY as well - and that's a great gift! once you've been spoiled to a house cleaner you never go back! Believe me, you'll want her back before next year!
Your boys are so CUTE!!!
haha thanks for the comment. Martin says don't knock the best breakfast ever and we will make it for you when you come up, or we come down :-) haha
Oh and no, I did not get a harley but one of the ladies at the dinner did! It was all PINK! haha some people and their money.
p.s. I didn't tell you on my last comment that I am again in love with your creativity! I LOVE your new decor! ahhhh
I don't really have any Valentines' decor, sad but true. It turned out cute. So do you do photoshop or something else with your photos? I've just never seen you touch them up before. Rusty is one strong boy for rolling over and it's great that he's sleeping through the night. Always a beautiful thing.
Hey Shelley! Its been so long, sadness:( Well your blog is as cute as ever and I am in love with your new little guy, he is presh! I bet you are having so much fun with two huh? haha its alot of work but the best!:) Well you look so good too, I am glad you had a great Vday and we must get together again soon!:)
Post a Comment