Well Stephanie, I finally took your challenge. Here are 50 things about myself. Not so much interesting, more like scary and pathetic... but that's a lot of what I am!
1. I don't like the word massage.
2. I have to sleep with a flat pillow.
3. I have never owned lipstick.
4. When I was born my name was supposed to be Stacy.
5. I secretly wish that capri overalls would come back in style.
6. If I'm home alone while I run on the treadmill I sing out loud to my ipod.
7. I don't like being in charge of things.
8. The last book I read was when I was 20 and it was The Nanny Dairies.
9. My record for going to Hobby Lobby in one week is 4.
10. My favorite thing to get in the mail are Christmas cards and Joann fabric coupons.
11. I think mops are disgusting and a breeding ground for bacteria.
12. I have to eat cereal by myself. I gag listening to other people slurp away next to me.I will for sure dry heave if you drink your nasty left over slobber milk!
13. I get annoyed with unnecessary horn honkers. If I hear somebody honk at anyone for no good reason, I start tail gating them and lay on my horn thinking I am teaching them a lesson.
14. My 3 favorite Gold Canyon scents are Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie and Mulled Cider.
15. According to the game where you dangle a ring by thread over your hand, we are having 4 kids. Boy, boy, girl, boy. Correct so far!
16. When I say my prayers at night I kneel on top of my bed with my head in my pillow and bum in the air so the bugs can't get me.
17. I am a jean nerd and could tell you maybe 2 designer jean names. My 17 yr. old brother has more than I do... or any girl for that matter.
18. I name my cars. The very first car I bought was Cami the Camry, she was a mexican:) My car now is the LandShark.
19. I faithfully get my teeth cleaned every 6 months.
20.I love listening to church music while I get ready for church.
21. I don't like getting gas in the car. Especially now that Lane has figured out that there is a store full of treats a foot away from the pump.
22. When I was 5 I chopped my big toe off. No worries they sewed it back on, whew!
23. My most used articles of clothing are my Oceanside lifeguard or Freedom T-shirts.
24. When I was 18 I backed into the cable box that supplied power for the whole neighborhood and wiped out the Super Bowl for a few hours.
25. I go through a roll of paper towels every other day.
26. I love being tan.
27. My dream home is the Banks house off of Father Of The Bride.
28. I have had only 3 different cell phones my whole life.
29. I can get really jealous of people sometimes. There I admit it!
30. Casey thinks my hearing needs to be checked because for some reason I can't seem to remember anything he tells me.
31. I get asked where I am from because of my accent. Didn't know I had one!
32. I want to try being a brunette but are too chicken to do it
33. One day I will have fresh flowers on my kitchen table at all times
34. When I shop at Target I have a route and never veer from it.
35. My least favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher.
36. I am a horrible park-er and would rather park far away and walk then try to squeeze into a close tight spot.
37. My favorite movies are the dumb blonde ones like Clueless and Mean Girls.
38. My friends and I in High School used Spice Girls day planners because we thought we were cool.
39. I think periwinkle is the funniest name for a color.
40. To pass the time by in our BYU Hawaii New Testament class, me and Stephanie would make lists of all the guys we had kissed.
41. I always wanted to be a bride in 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.
42. I am super naive. I really thought that if you used Wash n Curl shampoo, once you blow dried your hair it would be curling iron curly. Ya, I was disappointed.
43. Street sweepers freak me out.
44. I have hiding spots in the kitchen where I stash stuff that I don't won't people to eat.
45. I love playing cards or games with family and friends.
46. I always wanted to be a lifeguard at SunSplash because I thought they were so cool.
47. I never make "to do" lists because I forget to write things on the list then that equals pointless.
48. I like to decorate my house with candy.
49. I never understood why people go hiking for fun.
50. When I tuck Lane and Rusty in for bed or say goodnight to Casey I always say have good sleepers.
11 comments:
Hooray! That was awesome! I want you to write 50 more! Seriously, I loved reading it. Ok, my comments ( I had to write them down so I wouldn't forget)
* Stacy... I thought it was supposed to be Melanie!
* I soooo wish capri overalls would come back in style. I still have mine and will be waiting for the magical day that I get to bust them out again. What the heck, why don't we just get that trend going again on our own! :)
*I FORGOT about your big toe!! With the weight set right? I seriously remember being on that back porch when that happened...... AND I remember jumping on couch when you broke your arm.
*I have Dad's hearing too. It's a joke between me and Trav because usually it's the guy that doesn't listen, but for us it's totally me.
*Viva la Spice Girls Planner. (I still have mine in my "memories" box.... you do too, right?:)
*Ahhh, BYU. That one made me laugh at loud. I vaguely remember doing that. We were good students.
* Did ya want to be Dorcus? I did.
* Every morning I ask Collin if he had good sleepers. We can thank Dad for that one.
Way to step up to the challenge! Now watch, for the next couple of weeks, you'll keep thinking of other things you could have added to the list. At least I did. It's contagious. Now for a request.... I am dying to see Mom's new floor. Any way you could snap a pic and post it or email it to me? Spanks a mullet. Now go buy some True Religions :)
I didn't know most of that stuff about you! I could definitely relate to a few...but I think there were more things on your list that I do that now I know would drive you crazy!
This reminded me that I really need to do mine too. I felt bad that it had been so long and now when I post, it's always about my family so I feel like a post all about me isn't as important, but I still want to.
So you guys saved your planners? I can't remember if I saved mine. I think Adam convinced me to throw a lot of "junk" away when we got married because I'd never moved before so I kept tons of stuff like that. I even threw away my "foot" or so of hair that I cut off because he said, why do you need it. Now I'll be sad because I'll forget about stuff like that if I don't have it. We WERE so cool.
We always watched musicals at our house, and that was one of my favorites. The women were all soo freakin' skinny.
Paxton had his nights and days mixed up for about that long too. It was easy for Gage to put him in front of a window for light or to get outside, but here, in the winter, it was much harder. Just remember, it will be worth it when he gets it.
The orange place is on Recker and Baseline. If you turn right onto Recker from Baseline take your first right where the houses are. The house is on the right hand side. It has signs in front of it. It's only $5 for a big bucket full. Good luck!
That was great and so fun to read!!
If that crappy girl hadn't stolen my spice girl planner (and my dr. Martin sandals) out of my pe locker, I'd still use it. Sadness.
Where are the pics of your v-day banner? I need some.
Capri overalls...so comfy. AHHH!
How many guys have you kissed? 64?
I am always jealous of you. There I said it.
So awesome! I remember the Wash 'n' curl discovery. I was also very disappointed. Speaking of hair . . . do you still work at Tantrums on Thursday's? I told myself I was going to get my hair done after I lose 10 more lbs. I'll be there soon. I need someone I know to do it. If you're available would you do it for me? I need a change. Not huge, just a "Hey, I've lost 30 lbs" kind of change. Let me know!
I love this! I can also relate to some of those. Especially the parking thing...HA!
You seriously made me laugh while I read that ENTIRE post!!!! i pretty much didn't know any of those things about you, but now i like you even MORE! Ha, I pray the same way bc im scared of bugs too!!
I don't own a mop either bc i think theyre SICK!
WHAT A FUN POST SHELLEY!
ps. OH, and Im so glad you still have your big toe!! haha! yikes!
Oh, Shelley, you make me laugh so hard. I can't even remember any of the clever remarks I had for you. :) I think you should make this a weekly event. :)
hahaha Shelley, these are 50 reasons why I LOVE YOU! Seriously! You have the cutest personality and this shows it perfectly! I loved learning new things about you and nodding and laughing to the ones that I already knew were true. How fun!
Love you and miss you soooo much!!!!!
p.s. when you said your comment about overalls...I'm pretty sure I have a picture in my mind of you in overalls. Did you used to wear them? It seems like it.
Post a Comment