I was excited about this day!
We were going to visit where Casey served his mission.
He never served in the heart of the city, but about 1.5 hours away in the outskirts.
Quakertown, Allentown, Amhurst, and Bethlehem were some of the
We were going to visit where Casey served his mission.
He never served in the heart of the city, but about 1.5 hours away in the outskirts.
Quakertown, Allentown, Amhurst, and Bethlehem were some of the
towns he covered.
(Also parts of Delaware, but that was much further away).
(Also parts of Delaware, but that was much further away).
He loved his mission very much and met such wonderful people.
A certain family, the Ramsdens, were one of the families that took
him under their wing while he served there.
As newlyweds I heard much about them and their children.
him under their wing while he served there.
As newlyweds I heard much about them and their children.
We were able to take a trip out to visit before we had any kids, and it
was a pleasure to meet them in person.
I even stayed friends with the mom, Donna, on Facebook over the years.
It was wild to take 2 of our children back to visit them once again, 16 years later!
We let the Ramsdens know we would be visiting a few weeks in advance.
They gave us their church time.
What a sweet reunion with them!
They hadn't changed a bit.
They gave us their church time.
What a sweet reunion with them!
They hadn't changed a bit.
We were in the halls visiting with members Casey had remembered after church
when I saw a familiar looking lady.
It clicked for both of us at the same time.
It clicked for both of us at the same time.
She was the sweet temple worker who helped us sneak in!!
What were the chances?!!!
We hugged and became pretty quick friends.
I could have talked to her for hours.
Heavenly Father is so kind.
Heavenly Father is so kind.
What an added touch to the memories of the
trip that made it more special.
trip that made it more special.
I wish I would have thought to take a picture with her.
The Ramsdens so generously invited us over for lunch after church.
Oh, on Mothers Day none-the less!
I had forgotten that part.
I had forgotten that part.
While they were in Sunday school, Casey drove us around and showed us his
old stomping grounds.
Lots of small, windy, country roads.
Cute little Christmas tree garden.
I had forgotten how beautiful his mission was!
When we first went to visit it was Fall and everything was orange.
It was fun to see it alive and green in the Spring time.
The Ramsdens home.
Just as cute as I had remembered it!
The side garage with the star on top was a new addition.
That is where we had lunch.
That is where we had lunch.
Since it was Mothers Day they invited another single lady over, along with
some of their own children.
She is on the left side with glasses, I cant remember her name.
some of their own children.
She is on the left side with glasses, I cant remember her name.
Casey said she has never been married and had lots of cats.
So she was named the cat lady:)
But every week she took him and his companion to Boston Market for dinner.
You never know the impact you have on someone.
But every week she took him and his companion to Boston Market for dinner.
You never know the impact you have on someone.
I need to step it up!
This is their son in law, Danny.
Funny because his wife is Danielle!
Funny because his wife is Danielle!
He has 3 daughters, so I think he was excited to have some male
company and a challenge at ping pong!
company and a challenge at ping pong!
Mark and Donna Ramsden.
Every time we have the missionaries over to our home I think about them.
Grateful they were so kind and loving to my future husband.
I hope to be like the Ramsdens for the missionaries serving in our area, and that our children someday
Every time we have the missionaries over to our home I think about them.
Grateful they were so kind and loving to my future husband.
I hope to be like the Ramsdens for the missionaries serving in our area, and that our children someday
make connections with wonderful families on their own missions.
Our time flew by and we needed to drive back to the city to catch our flight home.
Leaving Philadelphia behind in the sunset.
Leaving Philadelphia behind in the sunset.
I came home to a Mothers Day surprise!
Pretty sure the girls loved their week with Amber while we were away.




















No comments:
Post a Comment