Monday, January 26, 2009

Cheaper By The Half Dozen

Daaa, da da da, daaaa, daaaaa, daaaaa, da da da, daaaa. Oh wait, that's the graduation song. Sorry, I meant to put the wedding march . My parents went over to Switzerland to see Christopher my brother get married. So while my parent's were off doing that, Casey and I got busy and had 4 more kids. Just kidding ,instead we were lucky enough to have power of attorney(hehehe) over my 3 brothers and sister for 10 days while they were gone. So we packed up our bags and headed down the road 4 miles to our vacation destination spot on Fairview Cir. The 10 days went down as followed:

A wonderful traditional sabbath meal of mashed potatoes, roast, rolls ,carrots and dessert.


along with the curse of the cheap Sonic ice bags splitting open while trying to break it up and poop ice went flying every where! You think we would have learned by now!!


and then onto the fun sabbath night festivities ... rolling people up in 10 blankets and watching them struggle to get out. So fun and hilarious, a must try for everyone!




poor Marcie got the brunt end of the deal and was put onto the couch. Once she got off she actually managed to...


yep, roll herself out the front door!

No worries, no one got hurt. We didn't get too crazy and like roll anyone down the stairs or something...well ok, maybe we did. But I have you know it was on a volunteer basis!


For FHE we kept it a little more low key with dinner at Island's and goofy golfing at Golf Land. Casey and Austin made sure of keeping perfect scores and who knew they would of tied at the end for the win. I stopped keeping track of mine when Lane hit a whole in one and I had yet to do so myself.







The Tooth Fairy paid a visit to Craig who got a dollar bill, a Rudolph eraser and a cough drop. To bad her cover got blown. (Man kids are good these days)

Later when I was cleaning the kitchen I found these rough drafts. Sooo cute.

Watching Jefferson make an awesome interception at his flag football game. He is our "sporty" brother




Laundry a-plenty. Almost 64 loads to be exact and no mom, I did not use to much laundry detergent. He really fell asleep under there.

David got asked to MORP.Vote for Pedro!


Lot's of yummy smoothies made by the ever so cool Magic Bullet.


and picking up these world travelers at the airport from there 10 day excursion

My mom was hooked on the movie Christmas With The Kranks this year so Marcie and I held these signs up when we went to go get them. Everyone at terminal 3, north curb witnessing our pick up officially thought we were the looniest people alive.

Last but not least, indulging in our authentic YEAR supply of Swiss chocolate.


Here are a few pictures of Christopher and Jael at the Swiss temple. She looked so pretty and they both are happy they found each other.




Well Lum Lums, it was real while it lasted. I want to say thank you to David who was the only nice one that ate my double batch of pancakes for breakfast. To Jefferson and Craig who let Lane play with you and your friends everyday and make him feel like one of the big boys. To Marcie and her closet full of wonderful choices, and finally to Kidsongs who entertained Lane while the kids were at school so I could clean out the pantry and fill up 2 black garbage cans full of expired food. We really did love our mini vacation away from our normal, daily routine. I feel so blessed to be part of a big family. Thanks for birthing all of us mom!

14 comments:

Stephanie Allen said...

I actually want to try the blanket thing, but I think I would freak out as soon as I was all wound up in there and would probably start to have a panic attack... Maybe one day I will try it with my kids... Also I love the cleaning out of the pantry part. I have seen that pantry... so hats off to you my friend. :) Glad you all had fun!

Stephanie Evans said...

Haha! Oh my gosh- I think that was my favorite post of yours ever! I loved it. I'm sad I missed out on all the fun. The blanket thing is classic! Remember how we used to do that in the mac pad at Jenni's house? Goofy golfing and Islands?....did someone leave the family with spending money...? :) Oh and what are those cups of smoothies?? Seriously, I want to buy them! Well, lots more I could say, but looks like fun times!

Kristi said...

No way! I completely forgot about the blanket game! I'm totally going to go do it with my 4 year old Brooklyn. I love your blog. You have the cutest family! It's nice to know some of our group still lives in the valley.

Hiatt Family said...

I love your family! You were always so creative...finding random things for us to do when we hung out with eachother. It looks like you still are! :) I loved the tooth fairy letter...so cute!!!

Leah Martineau said...

Ok I offically decided we are going to buy a huge empty cul-de-sack and we all have to build a house on it and let our kids grow up together. I mean all of us, you , me, steph, marcie, sarah and the list can go on. Can you imagine all the fun it would be!!! =) I'm so glad you had a blast with your siblings. I LOVE the picture of Lane drinking the smootie. Also I can't thank you enough for watching Ryk on Monday!!!!! I keep saying I owe you huge adn I do and I promise I will re-pay you one of these days!!!!!!

Leah Martineau said...

ok sorry I know their are spelling errors and stuff in my comment but I was trying to type while keeping Millie away from grabbing the mouse!!!

Kristen said...

Look at you! You can totally handle 10 kids! hahaha What a fun week, kind of like a little vaca!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

WOW. I feel so bad I had NO CLUE you were a mother 5 for the last 10 days when I saw you on Sunday...sheeeesh! You busy mama you!! S how was it? You can't wait for a set of quads?? Looks like you guys lived it up- I love your 'easy going FHE activity'. hahaha. You act like that was something totally low key from what you usually do!! haha.
Well, I'm glad you survived that- and congrats to your brother. him and his wife look so beautiful!
Can't wait to play soon. Hugs to my friend who I miss so much!

S and B H. said...

Looks like loads of fun! I know you worked your butt off too...wish I could see before and after pics of all the de-junking you did!!! You are great!

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Looks like some fun festivities!! I gotta try that blanket thing- that is so hilarious!! I love your new sister-in-law's wedding dress- just beautiful! Thanks again for lunch the other day! That was yummy and fun! Thanks also for chasing my kid around while I waddled as fast as I could after you guys!

Mary Anne said...

looks like you did pretty great! you guys are such fun power of attorneys! want to come be mine? i need some fun like that right about now...

Bonnie said...

That's a hilarious post! I've never heard of that blanket thing before, I have to try it now!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

So ummm...no cabin this weekend? :(

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I would freak out if someone tied me up in a bunch of blankets! Am I claustrophobic? Oh well. Looks like you had a blast:)