My mom/grandma (or Lanes version, mema) turned 47 on Monday.
If you are wondering why I said groovy, well you just have to know her to understand!
Growing up I always had the fun, cool mom who would roll down the car windows while driving and scream as loud as she could or that would blare loud crazy music right when you would get out of the car to get to school or that would lay loud long scratches over speed bumps on purpose and the list goes on and on! The funny thing is she STILL does all this stuff plus more! Read my sister's Stephanie's blog for more stories on this fun CRAZY women! We love you none the less
mom and should thank you for making our lives more exciting growing up!
I guess a few of her quirks have rubbed off on us:)
On Wednesday we cheered on the Dodgers and the Giants at a spring training game! It was a fun girl/Lane fest. Only of course we spent more time eating, talking, making fun of all the skanky girls or the old shirtless beer gut men then watching the actual game.
One of Melinda's missionary companions came from Idaho to visit. She flew in that day and said her flight was delayed because of a snow storm... I LOVE AZ!



Today we went out to Casa Grande all day where Casey's Aunt and Uncle live. We got to ride their horses, go on tractor rides, Uncle Benny made us a yummy lunch, we even watched a
movie. When Aunt Shirley got home from work we all loaded up in the Rhino to go see their neighbors brand new baby goats.
ALSO, today was another very special birthday. Grandpa or "pa" turned 48! I must say he is
pretty groovy too. I always had the fun, energetic dad who loves to surf, snowboard, ski, go hunting and many more things. Growing up he would always dedicate his Saturdays home from work to his kids. He would take us to Bashas to get doughnuts for breakfast, or go on fun long bike rides or take us to the park and play softball with us. I guess I just lucked out to have the best parents ever!

8 comments:
mmm those pics from cheesecake factory made my mouth water... Fun times we need to go to another baseball game. But I guess the trick is to wear skanky outfits then you don't get weird tan lines... hmm we'll have to remember that one. Love mom and dad, happy birthday!
I didn't realize your dad's birthday was so close to your mom's! You have the grooviest parents ever. I'm so glad your family moved into the neighborhood. Those are some of the best memories I have!
I can't believe how young your parents are. ha ha
You are lucky to have such a fun week. I love cheesecake factory, spring training games, horses and of course birthdays.
You really do have awesome parents! I have such fun memories with them. :)
all your pictures are great! you are so much fun, Casey is one lucky guy! :)
Wow girl you have been BUSY!! Looks like so much fun. YOu have the cutest family- your sister Marcie is sucha cutie. Your parents are young- I guess my mom is 48 too though!! haha. People freak out when I tell them that.
Well I miss you. Here it is Friday night and we were supposed to play this week...bumber dude.
Darling pictures- you look great!
Love the pics! You have been busy havin' fun!!! Sorry I didn't feel up to the zoo this week! I am so glad Rando and Lane got to play in Casa Grande though...looks like FUN!!
I've never been to a spring training game...sounds like I need to make some plans! You look so gorgeous! hot stuff!
Post a Comment