Well Lane didn't exactly go back to school last week, he went for the very 1st time!! Yep, our little Laners is a big preschool boy now! All summer long I had some anxiety about this whole going to school thing. I just never thought my turn would come when it came to sending kids to school. I mean, he is supposed to be my baby forever right?! Fortunately he has the most amazing teacher and 2 really great assistance. The morning of school he was so excited to pick out what he wanted to wear and wore his backpack around the house. He ate a breakfast of champs, Eggo waffle with cream cheese and a breakfast smoothie which we should have omitted the blueberries. Purple flecked teeth are so attractive!

A few more pictures with brother than off to school. I could tell he was starting to get a little nervous in the car but hello, it's your first day of school for the rest of your life. It is allowed! There were tears shed when we got to his teacher. Then lots more when I said see you in 2 hrs and walking back to the car. Those 2 hrs flew by fast and when we went back to get him he was more than all smiles! He loved school so much he BEGGED to ride the bus home and even had a melt down when he didn't get to. Totally wasn't expected that from him. The same thing happened the next day so he really, truly wanted to ride that bus!
Today he finally got to ride the bus. Dad even made it home in time to see him. I think it's going to be a good year. I love that he has something to look forward to each week. He has been totally needing something like this for awhile.
Here are some more pics of my little rascals.
There was some silence so when I went to investigate I found a little picnic happening in my kitchen. I love the table, it's like they are on a date.
Snot can be such a drag, let alone double snot.
About once a month I will get in a baking mood and make a new recipe or dessert that is new to me. I made Monkey Bread with a cinnamon roll twist for my dad last week. It was super yummy so I want to share! However, it was a bit time consuming ( I think it's because I doubled the recipe) but well worth it!
Dough:
2 1/4 tsp or 1 packet yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1 1/4 c. warm milk
1/3 c. butter,melted
1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
5 c. flour
Caramel sauce:
1 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. butter,
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
.
Cinnamon/sugar mixture:
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream and bring to a boil. Stir for about 3 minutes until it's nice and melted together. Pour half into a greased fluted pan.

When dough is done, punch it down and form into 35-40 balls. In a pie pan or shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in another bowl. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place 20 or so balls in the tube pan. Top with remaining caramel and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover and let rise about 40 minutes, until doubled in size again. Bake at 350-degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown (if they are browning too fast you can loosely cover it with tin foil). Cool for 10 minutes, then turn up-side down onto a serving plate.
Now here is how the twist of a cinnamon roll comes in. Frosting baby!
1 stick butter, softened
1 boxes powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
milk
in mixing bowl combine butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat and add milk until desired consistency.
FYI- I made 2 batches but only had 1 bunt pan, so for one of them I used a 9x13 pan and it worked great!
It makes for a good treat, or warmed up in the microwave for an ewy gooey breakfast. Ours only lasted one day though.
.
Oh, also... I am *not* pregnant. Stephanie is (my sister Stephanie:)







7 comments:
Um that looks really good... but I am deterred by your comment of it being really time consuming. Did I mention that I made your caramel dessert 3x last week?! 3x!! Buffalo thanks you.
Go Laners! The blueberries could have been a conversation starter. That's nice that you get 2 hours every day and good that he loves it. It kinda makes me hope Collin needs some speech help :)
Ok, I don't want to "deter" anybody. For making one batch right after the other it took 4 hours with allowing 2 of those for rising the dough. Try it! You'll be glad you did!
Big Boy LAne! I am so happy for him that he gets to ride the bus.He is so handsome. {but he has been since he popped out}
What are you gonna do with your mornings now?
That monkey bread looks better than...{you know what}.
just saying!
hahaha oh how I love you!
I had just read MaryAnne's blog which made my eyes tear up. Then I saw the pic of Casey and Lane....yup put me over the top!
I miss you guys more than you know!
lots of xoxoxoxoxox
Well you're just around the corner and I still cried when I saw the Daddy and Laners pic! Goodness I am coming over right now! I cant believe the boys are getting so big! Keep being the wonderful mom that you are! Love you!
ooooooh myyyy goooosssh....those are the most heavenly looking thing i have yet to see.
can't believe big boy lane...SHEEEESH!!! i mean, really??! wow what a cutie.
xoxo
Look at you, getting more and more domesticated as time goes by;) I've got to try these new recipes of yours. I think it's a great idea to try to cook more new recipes. I've tried to same thing this year because I've got a little more time and found some really yummy recipes. We should swap sometime. Is this why everyone thought you were prego or something?
Lane is such a cutie! Preschool is a big deal and it will be nice for you to have some one on one time with Rusty. I forgot to comment on your trip to CA. You guys look like you have the most fun EVERY time, good memories. It was cute how all the girls Sunday dresses were so similar. Shopping, eating out, getting some sun at the beach, seriously what's more to ask for in a vaca. Can I come next time;)
Post a Comment