Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Birthday, birthday coming to earth day....

 
 
...pink and wrinkled and small.
Any Scripture Scout fans out there?
I thought it was appropriate since these 2 boys of mine
 LOVE Scripture Scouts and they BOTH had a birthday not that long ago!
 
First was Lanes.
Yes folks, he turned 7.
I get a pit in my stomach every time I think about it.
No longer a baby, toddler or a little boy.
He is a full blown kid!!!
A kid that will be in 2nd grade AND be getting baptized next year!
Like hitting the years where he will remember events at this age as a grown up. Yikes!
 
I am a scrooge and despise throwing birthday parties.
It gives me hives thinking about it.
So it was an off year. No big party.
He could have cared less.
All he cared about was getting sung to in Primary and choosing where to eat.
Which he made sure the restaurant sang happy birthday.
Ha! So not his character to be put on the spot light!
He must be growing up.
 
We for sure knew Mi Amigos would provide a great choir.
Ole!
 


Plus you get sopapillas and get to the wear the community birthday sombrero and a chance at lice:)


 
He couldn't for the life of him tell us what he wanted for his birthday.
He had no clue (we are screwed for Christmas).
So we took him to Walmart where he decided on this rock climbing remote control car.
It is pretty awesome and he loves it...still...3 weeks later!:)
 




A week later Rusty boy got his big day!
4. Unbelievable.
It was my turn to host play group for the week so last minute I decided to
throw in some games and call it birthday party. 
Might as well if they were all going to be at my house anyway.
The night before I cut out some construction paper circles and voila,
pin the nose on Mickey Mouse!
The funny thing was, they didn't quite get how to play it.
They all got mad that their noses weren't dead center Mickey's face!
That solitified my dislike for parties.
You do all this work and all they want to do is play with toys!
 
 
 


 
Next we colored and decorated party hats and had a cupcake.


 His actual birthday was on Sunday so he was pleased as could be to go to
Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and have birthday cake!

 
 

3 comments:

marcie said...

Ahem they also went out to ice cream thank you very much ;) and need a picture of Rustys slippers I laugh every time I think about them! Such big boys.... Stop growing up!

Debbie said...

Love these kiddos!!
Joe is one of our favorite waiters at MiAmigos :)

Debbie said...

HaHa! Papa was signed in ~ that was from GrammyG