My sister fell down her stairs and broke her back a few weeks ago.
Her recovery would take her 4-6 weeks.
My mom went and picked up her kids in New Mexico and brought them
back here so my sister could rest and heal.
We would have them for 2 weeks.
If you ask my sister it was the worst 2 weeks of her life.
And I'm sure it was. She was in a lot of pain and
the feeling of being helpless is not fun at all.
But for us we were excited to have cousins over
for spend the nights and lots of play time!
We had Collin and Weston for most of the first week.
Casey took them on an errand and I received this picture in a text.
I don't know what we did to wear them out!
We also got to have miss Olive spend the night a few nights the second week.
Lindi and Olive are 6 months apart.
Lindi LOVES Olive.
I swear she even learned how to say her name.
Lindi and Olive remind me of Stephanie and I.
Even down to their looks.
Stephanie is on the left, I am on the right
On the first night Olive wasn't so sure about bath time.
I later found out that she had never taken a real bath yet,
she was still using the baby tub.
Oops, no wonder she was so freaked out!
Lindi's face was cracking me up.
Not so sure what to think of that crying baby!
They played together, just like they were sisters.
On the second night I filled the bath tub up first, then put Olive in it.
I think the noise made her nervous. It worked, she didn't cry at all!
I tell ya, they played so well!
I kept thinking about how this is what it would be like to have twins.
There are lots of pictures of my mom sitting in her rocking chair holding
Stephanie and I when we were babies.
It really wasn't hard at all to have 2 babies at the same time.
Granted Olive came sleeping through the night and on a normal schedule:)
I also keep forgetting my mom was only 21 when she had us.
I still don't know how she survived twins then turned around and had 6 more!
At the end of the 2 weeks Stephanie and Travis drove down to Mesa.
And thankfully her back was feeling much better!
It was Memorial Day so we had a bbq with my family.

1 comment:
There are not enough ways to say thank you!!! It makes me so happy to see Lindi and Olive playing together. I'm so grateful for all that you did while I was laid up! My kids probably felt right at home at your house. Such blessings! You are amazing! I love the picture of you holding both girls on your lap. :)
Post a Comment