Friday, May 29, 2020

Scout Camp


The morning after we got home from Aspen Grove,
Lane left for a week at scout camp!

Not going to lie, this was harder for me than I thought it would be.
He had never been gone from us that long.
I knew he would be in great care, but as a mom, you always
wonder if they will make good choices.
Like, to make sure to change their underwear and not eat donuts for breakfast,
lunch and dinner the whole week.
Or to make sure they wouldn't be cold at night.
Over protective mother for sure!!

Packing him was pretty humorous.
"Do you want to take an extra towel?"
"Are you sure you don't want the pop up laundry hamper?"
I laugh now.
Can you imagine what crap he would have gotten if he showed
up with that?

Here they are! 
Ready for lots of burping and arm pit squeaking.
I think I prayed harder for their leaders, lol!
















The week flew by quickly.
The leaders were good to give random updates.
You know, to calm the worried mothers hearts.

They admitted to eating pizza for breakfast
and half of his bag was untouched.
But you know what? He survived just fine.

I'm learning slowly to unwind a bit.
Not worth the stress.
As long as he is happy and thriving that's all I care about.

I got to thinking, scout camp is good for both
the child AND the parents.
A teeny, tiny glimpse of what sending him on a mission will be
like. I can't fathom the day.
 Plus, its good for them to experience a week of life on their own.
He said he had fun, but you could tell he was happy to be home.
Back safe and sound with his over protecting mother:)








No comments: