Wednesday, September 9, 2020

MAY... this stupid virus end, please!



2 weeks of no school came and went.
And you guessed it.
Canceled for in-person for the rest of the year.

They switched to a hybrid online program which
was a complete joke.
My mornings were sucked completely gone because I had to physically
sit next to Lindi and Rusty to help them navigate their
school portals and assignments. 

Luckily Lane could do his classes on his own. 


It didn't help that the elementary kids had to use the Ipad
which wouldn't sink with the touch screen options.

So I had to print out every worksheet for them to complete,
take a picture of it, download then send it.

Oi!


There was so much controversy going on on whether to open 
your state back up or keep them closed. 
People like Tom and Rita Hanks took to fb because they 
got sick with covid and urged everyone to "stay safe" at home.
It seemed like people looked to them like they were the CDC.
Eye roll city.

These memes got me good.




We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary!


A couple of weeks later we snuck away for a quick stay-cation.
I saw a cool place on Instagram I wanted to try out.
Mountain Shadows resort in Scottsdale. 
Before we arrived we picked up dinner from Steak 44 and had
a romantic meal in the car!
Nothing like fancy steaks with plastic utensils. 
Ugh, I hate this no dining- in thing.


We checked in and I was instantly floored by this huge tub in our room!
I love baths. We don't have a nice one at home so this is
 where I spent most of my time:)


Even better that it had a full glass window view of Camelback Mountain!


It was a bummer that the pool was closed, but we still were so happy to be able to 
escape and feel like we were somewhat on vacation!





Go devils?


The weather was getting toasty and I guess warm enough
for them to start swimming!



Catching some some sun rays like seals on a beach.

My parents pool saved us this year.
LOTS and LOTS of swimming over there. 



We would pick up pizza, popsicles, and other random snacks, prepared to camp out
all day. Nothing else to do at home and anything to keep them busy. 


It was a lovely Mothers Day this year!
My card was pretty comical.




And we all had a good laugh when everyone showed up bearing yellow
roses for my mom. They are her favorite!


And Grammy showing Casey some love they way he dishes it to her!
Haha!



Memoji's seem to be the thing right now.
With all this time on our hands I thought I would give it a whirl.

Err, this was as close as I could get, ha!




I got the dreaded email saying the school cleaned out desks
and I needed to come pick up our personal belongings. 

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
How is this even possible?

If it was this hard for me, I can't imagine how the kids were feeling.

 When they heard whose car it was, we got swarms of teachers 
coming over to say bye to us. 
Mrs. Griner, Mr. Hoover the PE teacher.

I even got a knock on my window from Mrs. Baxter the principal!

Made me feel so grateful that my kids truly are loved at their school.

I forgot to get a picture of Lindi with her teacher.


Della got to pick up a good bye gift from her preschool teacher, Ms. Suzy


This meme was reading my mind and feelings at the end of that week.



Amber and Anna wrote this greeting in front of our house to be funny.
Got some texts from concerned neighbors shortly afterwards, lol!



My mom was almost done certifying to be a reflexologist. 
She needed to practice and we were willing:)




 

No comments: