The Lindbloms crashed Oceanside once again for October break!
Nothing like cramming 14 adults, and 16 kids (3 of them being 1 year olds)
into a beach house!
I can't complain, each couple got their own room, with an attached bathroom.
In fact, I think there was 2 full bathrooms not even being used!
Kids got shoved into all sorts of spots and it all worked out.
We have stayed in the same beach house before, so it was nice
knowing the layout and what needed to be brought.
We all started trickling in on Friday.
Basically there is no schedule.
Something I love about my family. No agendas!
Throughout the week the guys planned a golf trip and some groups
planned a breakfast outing. But nothing all lined out before hand.
Food is somewhat organized, for those who wanted it to be.
2 or 3 families got together and coordinate meals.
I didn't want to cook so we ate out most of the week.
Besides the frozen meals, hot dogs, mac n cheese, etc. my kids ate for lunch
and some dinners.
It was nice not having to come in early from the beach to cook for 20+ people!
Instantly clothes disappeared and swimsuits became the main attire!
A view from the roof top.
The house is 5 stories high.
Almost every morning we would have thick fog roll in from nowhere.
We watched General Conference as best we could on Sunday.
Abbey was a gem and let these 2 mangle her hair while they played hair stylist.
Games were out almost every night.
Marcie and I went on a long run.
I brought my stroller because I wanted to pick up some succulents
from the house that sells them out front.
Good thing I did because I sprung for some big daddy's this year!
The looks I got from people driving by while I pushed and shoved
these babies home were hilarious.
So happy to see that the "on your honor" system is still working!
I came home to these 2 cuties relaxing.
One of Casey's best sand work!
And to our surprise, passer byers loved it, too!
GO TRUMP!
Dinner down at the harbor
Who are you if you don't own leopard swim bottoms and a black top?
This was not coordinated!
One night the power went out.
The website said it wouldn't come back on until 1 am.
What do you do to pass the time by?
Dance party on the roof!
We thought we saw fire at the pier.
But it wasn't the culprit to the outage.
Grandma took the boys on a breakfast date.
They loved every bit of their breakfast burritos, pancakes, smoothies and hot chocolate!
The rest of us got jealous and decided to walk down and meet up with them:)
At it again.
Grandpa walked down to the pier with the boys.
And bought them brand new surf boards that are perfect size for them!
Some mornings we sweated our guts out doing high fitness!
Poor Landon broke his arm a week before the trip.
Womp, womp.
Nothing worse than sand in a brand new cast.
I ran to Carlsbad one morning and loved this street lined with palm trees.
To give sunburned eye balls and rashes in bad places a break,
we planned a day to check out Newport with the Evans'!
I have never been and know its a favorite place for many.
Unfortunately, Lane was throwing up all night.
Pretty sure he had food poisoning.
Poor guy was feeling miserable.
We stayed back while Travis and Stephanie took Rusty and Lindi.
They did all the things!
Seaside donuts, bike ride along the pier, ferry over to
Balboa Island, Balboa bars and the temple!
They even ran into aunt Bre!
They said it was a gorgeous place.
Can't wait to make it there someday.
While Lane slept all day, this girl and I kept the beach company.
Olive and Lindi were handing out free massages!
Sign me up for a 90 minute, please:)
Pizza on the roof for the last night is a tradition.
One last stop at Phil's on the drive home.
No comments:
Post a Comment