Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thighs Before Pies



Stephanie planned a Turkey Trot at her house since the Gilbert one got canceled.
So I guess more, Wobble till you Gobble!

The whole thing was legit!
THANKS banner, photo station, bubbles and donuts.
Who needs the real thing?







We hurried home to put the finishing touches on our food assignments. 

I wanted to make a fancy, legit turkey.
Normally its all picked apart and looking all slimy on a platter. 

I ordered a fresh, 20 pound turkey and brought it home.
I needed to brine it overnight.
Which was fun trying to figure out how to keep it cold and submerged in the 
liquid and it being to big to fit in my fridge!


Oh, lets not forget about what is inside the bird!
Goo.
Luckily I had some boys willing to stick their hands inside unknown conditions.

Their faces, haha!
Such good sports and glad I'm not the only squirmish one!





We had to wake up at 4am to put in on the smoker.
I felt like I was up with a new born baby. 


In the end, it turned out!
I wish I had a food show to debut this beauty!




Some of the other yummy food!









It was fun having our cousin Leah and her family over!



Save the neck for me, Clark!




And if this doesn't depict Thanksgiving perfectly...



 

No comments: