The morning after Christmas we took off to the dunes!
Rusty is sure loving the chance to drive and learn the ropes of
parking the trailer and getting the CanAm to camp!
Most New Years trips are bitter cold!
This year was a treat as in they had tons of rain the week prior
so everything was not in dust form and the air felt clean and crisp!
The skies were absolutely stunning.
I am grateful for such a beautiful world we live in.
And we hardly had to bust out the heavy jackets, bless!
Austin had a hookup with fireworks!
Funny enough it was through a fellow police officer connection, ha!
However, the man did not want his face exposed so Austin had to pick out the
goods in his garage through facetime to keep his identify safe.
Transferring a fraction of the loot!
We had a great show each night we were there.
In fact, other campsites cheered and clapped for us when they were over.
I think the dunes was thanking 2023 and welcoming 2024 with its
painted skies!
A new addition to our camp, the smudge pot!
Craig bought this and boy does it produce HEAT!
Craig bought this and boy does it produce HEAT!
We loved this as it kept us nice and toasty
all through the night while we chatted.
all through the night while we chatted.
The kids live for rest breaks so they can run, roll, jump and tumble
on the sand hills.
The ice cream trucks are a joy and a curse!
Waking up to the obnoxious music of them rolling in should be
outlawed!
The fire of the night got more intense each night!
I couldn't get close enough!
I love the burning feel of the heat keeping you nice and warm!
Lots of night riding
Kids getting some jumping practice in.
Gotta stay protected from the sun!
Smash burgers, of course!
The moon was unreal.
I have never seen it so big in all my life!
Grandpa and his tender skin.
Della begged Grandpa to take her down the drags.
The girl loves speed!
On the last night we took the remaining fireworks to the top of Comp hill.
We usually like to be at the dunes for New Years Eve,
but it was on a Sunday this year.
but it was on a Sunday this year.
We drove home Saturday afternoon so we could go to church.
Saying goodbye to my nursery kiddos who are moving on to Sunbeams.
I love them so much and it was a sad goodbye.
We had the BEST spread of food for dinner that night.
We all brought appetizers to my parents.
It was quite the variety with deluxe nachos, to Italian sliders, to
dips galore, to shrimp cocktail and sushi.
All types of soda and pebble ice drink concoctions
All types of soda and pebble ice drink concoctions
flowing from my parents pantry.
YUMMMM!!!!
I am usually a night owl but man did I hit a wall!
I slowly started to slump over and next thing I know I
woke from a 2 hour nap!
woke from a 2 hour nap!
Christmas and the dunes trip must have caught up to me!
Lindi made sure to capture it for me.
But that meant I was ready for DANCING!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
These cups on a necklace cracked me up!
Cheers to a wonderful 2024!
The party never wants to end for us.
Breakfast at midnight?
Why not!
I think it was 3am at this point.
Cousins swapped houses and we got these cute girlies!
A charcuterie board to ring in the New Year sounded like a great idea.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment