Thursday, October 16, 2025

April- Daily Life Stuff





I really only need 1 word to summarize our month... BASEBALL.

Boy did it eat us alive!
We really do love this time of the year.
I love watching the boys play.
 
 Having one on the JV team, and the other on Varsity nearly
did us in!

Casey and I never saw each other it seemed.
 One of us was at the away
game, while the other was at home.

Thankfully this situation will never happen to us again.

My stomach had a pit as each game made it one less for Lane, as
this chapter in his life was coming to a close.

But towards the end I was starting to count down as I was 
exhausted by the scheduling of it all along with the girls calendar! 


The senior pictures posted proudly.







 


Rusty in the dugout.
He has a serious love for this game.






He was catcher most of the season.





The cheering section!








I stubbed my toe and it was an ouchy!
Good thing it was flip flop season.





On top of baseball, it was also dance competition season!














I did very subtle Easter decorations this year.
I wish I could grow flowers like my neighbor.
Loved that she shared her blossoms with me!







I have many friends with children getting married.
Which means lots of helping at receptions!

I love how we all chip in, so
when it's your turn you get to reap the benefits!

Mallory Blau has always been such a sweet ward girl,
hard to believe she is married now!


They had a darling trailer to order drinks from.
I think it was such a hit because they had the cutest boy working the counter:)




I love that they showed up matching, unplanned.
These boys poured, mixed and served sodas for 2.5 hours straight!
I kept watching the line and it never let up!




I see a soda shop in their future!




I got to manage the charcuterie boards all night with my friends.

 



Sometimes I don't ask questions...







It was 10pm when Lane came walking in with Sawyer and Mia, poster board and
markers in hand.


He was asking Sadie to prom.

I read "chick" and assumed he was using a stuffed chick from the Easter
selections at Walmart.

Nope!
He said, did you know Pets Mart doesn't sell baby chicks?
Yep, sort of did.


Plan B, go borrow a full grown chicken from Sawyers cousin.
And his cousin begged Lane to be good to it as it was his favorite one!

The boys laughed and said it was a SPED chicken, so he would never
know if it got dropped (oh boy). 







We were hit with a literal stomach plague.
Never have we ever had so much barfing in our home at once!

It started with Della.
I was up ALLLL night with her on the toilet while holding
the barf bowl.

She was in SO much pain!
I kept thinking she would eventually get it all out and go lay down.
Just as she would stand up to head to the couch, more would come out.

I thought she was going to start pooping organs, she had nothing left to give!!


I contemplated the ER as I had never experienced a sickness like this.
In fact, I had gone to grab her shoes to load her up in the car to take her
in, when for some reason I decided to text Marcie.

We had a play date lined out that morning and I was telling her we
needed to cancel.

She said I was about to text you the same thing!
Landon was up all night throwing up.
We had Sunday dinner the night before together.

A few texts later, more confirmed barfing by others.
We all had caught a nasty bug!

The next day Rusty and Lindi were down.
Usually we are fine a couple of days later.
This lasted ALL week!!

I even started throwing up.
Which NEVER happens to me!
It truly sucked the life out of me.
It was HORRIBLE!!!






To add to the chaos, we remodeled our master bathroom!
It is crazy how fast time flies.
Casey said we just remodeled it, how is it so bad already?

We calculated 10 years since our original remodel.

That is the most used space in our whole house.

All of the kids shower in there.
It was worn and growing things in the shower we could not get rid of.

It is a smaller space, so just redoing the shower snowballed into 
ripping out the whole thing!

Before:









After:











I LOVE how it turned out!!
It is so bright, fresh, and clean!

I feel like I am in a fancy resort every time I take a shower!










No comments: